1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 3400mah Li-ion Batteries [Genuine capacity]

Discussion in 'Sea Angling Classified Ads' started by mozzer, Dec 17, 2013.

1. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

[​IMG]
    Hi, i have a number of these batteries [new] which are currently the highest genuine capacity battery on the market , manufactured by Panasonic [OEM] designed for high drain devices such as torches etc, as you can see they are fitted into one of the popular cree headtorches. £12.50 pair , I also have some chargers that charge slightly quicker and have 3 pin uk plug [ not adaptor and plug, plug straight into socket] £8

2. steven watt

steven watt seafishing more

whats the difference between the ones u selling and the ones what comes with the cree head touch. thanks
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-UltraFire-3-7V-4000MAH-18650-Protected-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-Flashlight-/310781593472?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item485c06c780

3. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Hi mate, there is no such thing as 4000mah or 5000mah li-ion battery, chinese sellers are just giving these high capacities to get sales and there capacity is more like 2000mah, have a look at a site called Torchy the Battery boy look at the article on 18650 li-ion batteries and chargers and see the kind of thing thats going on, i also have some 2600mah batts that i use in my batt packs £7 pair cheers

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

have a read of this Ste:

http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/p/18650-batteries-chargers.html

I'm not sure you cant even get legit 4000Mah batteries, but Mozzer will know

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

posted at same time as mozzer

6. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Thats right matty they are not available in 18650 size, torchy wii tell you cheers

7. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have taken a Panasonic battery pack apart from a Panasonic laptop. 4000mah batteries inside? Is this because these are unprotected? And not protected batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Hi mate, do they say 4000 mah on them? the laptop batteries are usually rated as a whole unit , something like 7800mah and the batteries inside are linked in both parrallel and in series so for example 7800 divided by 3 will tell you the battery cells inside are rated at 2600mah. Panasonic make batteries in Japan [OEM]- original equipment manufacturer, and then supply them to other companies who, then relable them and maybe add protection circuits, the circuit has advantages and disadvantages,, the battery is now a bit longer and may not fit in some things and if you drain it too low it may not reset itself, cheers

9. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

My bad, was a old laptop, the outside of the battery pack said 4000. So that's the combined in series and parallel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Hi , the batts that are inside will probably be 2000 mah cheers

11. psm

psm Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

im asuming thats posted? you got a pic of charger m8

12. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

pm for you mate

13. Osgodbyjase

Osgodbyjase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Im getting some gtl 5300mah of ebay . And looking at that chart on torchy link i will probably be getting 40% of that about 2000mah but for £2.50 delivered for 2. Carnt go wrong. Im currently using ultrafires 3000mah which are more like 1000mah according to chart. So 2000mah is double what im used to and i still manage on a 4-6hr trip.

14. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Some of the ultrafires are ok they seem to be a bit hit and miss, its hard to get good ones, i have tested quite a lot of ufires and for example 2 i had the other day from a cree lamp i weighed on a digital scale, it weighed 33g and lasted 40mins, the other 42g and lasted an 1hr, the panasonics all weigh 45g and i can get 5 hours on full power the light doesnt go out or dim , but the voltage has dropped to 3,3vand i wouldnt want it to get much lower before charging.There are lots of fake batts about or recycled, one trick is to put a smaller battery inside the casing and then fill it with flour to get the weight up

15. smokey

smokey Rockling

Just to throw a little spanner in the works on this subject,i bought some of the "torchy" batteries after viewing the chart you posted a while ago for my new cree.

I don't know if I have dropped unlucky and got a bad batch but they are absolute sh1te,the original ultrafires give me far longer on a charge,the torchys last about an hour and half on full beam whereas the ultrafires give me about 4.

16. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have had 2 cree headlights and I must of got 2 bad batches.
    I ain't tried any different batteries in them I must admit but first charge they were excellent and lasted bowt 6/7 hours after that utter crap would of been lucky to of had half hours worth. so spent 80 quid and got a fenix hp 20. I know its more expensive but the quality and reliability of the fenix is 10fold. And take no notice of this 2000 lumen tosh.... because the fenix is 260 and it aint far off the same brightness which is more than bright enough.

17. nunthorpe mag

nunthorpe mag Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Got a pair of blue battery's with my first cree and they have never let me down
    IRC 18650 3.7 2400 mah that's what on the side

18. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

If you can get genuine ultrafires they are quite good, but difficult to find, if you look on the Ultrafire site they have a posting about fake batteries

19. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

bought ultrafires with my new cree lights batteries in November were poor quality and smoked in the chargers
    chargers checked and output ok batteries poor since binned them bought a couple of mozz old type working fine have recharged twice no problem
    for me not worth the gamble on e bay to save a couple of quid I want mine to be reliable
    note the guy off e bay I bought of not trading now and he was uk seller had real grief off him

20. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Hi got a few pairs left, and 1 charger cheers