1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paddling the Esk today

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Jan 25, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well we had a cracking afternoon today, after seeing Dans pics of a few days ago I was well keen to experience the Esk myself, as was the others. Met up with Corky, Sam, Dan and his mate. The five of us had a paddle down to the lifeboat and then turned around and went right up the river to Ruswarp - as far as we could get without porting. It was a lovely change and fantastic scenery. Brilliant to meet you guys and what a great laugh. After heading right up the river and we had all become a little more confident ( well definately me as I was in a play boat that I had not been in for a long time) we headed again right out to the harbour mouth. We had a quick nosey through the piers but it wasn't pleasant so turned around.

Great fun and to be honest quite a nice day weather wise and certainly a great change. Sorry I didn't get any pics but know a couple of the guys did.

Ken

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Really enjoyed it Ken matey, was good to have a paddle out with Ken and the other chaps :happy: Look forward to paddling/fishing with you guys again at some point soon. Thanks for lending me your yak Ken as well, much appreciated.

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

An absolute pleasure Sam, forgot to mention, I've always been a wetsuit and dry cag kinda guy :embarrass: but today was the first time I have ever been out in an underfleece and dry suit - what a revolution - were have I been? Comfort, dry, warmth, nice and supple and no loss of movement at all. Should have done it a long time ago. Will certainly keep the wetsuit/cag for milder weather but drysuit till May for me.

Ken

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

sounds like you had a great time,sorry I couldnt join you

It is nice to be comfortable in a dry suit at this time of year ey ken

5. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sounds like you had a realy good day did you do any fishing in the end ken or was it just a paddle.Think it would be a good place for my first outing. Did you get parked ok every time i go to whitby its allways very busy and pain to get parked. :happy:

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ye just a paddle mate, we parked right at the back of the Co-Op in the long stay car park, loads of room at this time of year and £4 for the afternoon, give us a shout when you are sorted and we'll get out with you

Ken

7. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

An excellent afternoon, thouroughly enjoyed it. Good to put faces to names at long last. Hopefully its the first of many excursions this year. Heres a few pics but true to form the battery ran out on our 1st paddle upstream so missed getting any of the Esk above the marina.

From the back Ken, Damien, Dan and Sam
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Great photos Ian :cool: Was good to finally meet you :happy:

9. merman

merman Blenny

Went for a walk by the Esk and watched you paddling up the river, wish I could join you! When you got to the end of the pier did you spot the couple of divvies spinning with makerel lures?

10. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

thanks for a great day we must have paddled a good few miles and the weather seemed to get better as the day went on

11. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling