1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paddlesport Logistics - Would you use this kayak courier??????????

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Re: Would you use this kayak courier??????????

my god what an absolute tw4t! he'll get his comeuppance!

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Ken,

I'm a bit slow with these things and crap at reading long posts like that, I just get mind blank when I see a big block of text.. Could you summarise what has happened for me please ?

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

To give some of you an idea on how this guy trades.......

Hi everyone.
    I'm a new member but only because I've been directed to this thread. I'm looking for Adam Sedgwick. I have two mobile numbers and his home address. He collected an open canoe for me on 2nd October, and following several excuses, told me it had been stolen on 5th November. I'm out of pocket to the tune of £700.
    He's not returning calls. He picked up the phone last night and said he was on a foggy lane could he call back. Obviously he didn't.
    DON'T use Paddlesport Logistics anyone.

Anyone actually manages to speak to him, pass on the message that Mandy Moston in North Yorkshire wants her boat money asap.

Mandy

Ok

I'm posting this in the hope that someone out there is mates with Adam Sedgwick or can help.

I had an open boat collected by Adam from a very reputable retailer on 2nd October. ( I dealt with Adam direct)

Following several promises of delivery, to cut a long story short, I was informed by Adam that on 5th November one of his vans and a trailer had been stolen in Birmingham with my boat on it. He immediately offered to replace it. I sourced a replacement for him to buy, he was to deliver it today. Nothing.

Eery silence.

I'm not fussy, I just would like either, my original boat, the replacement boat or the money to go out and buy another boat.

Anyone out there can help??? PM me asap.

Regards

Mandy Moston.

PS Mad River Explorer Green 16ft TT 2 airbags, third seat. Anyone been offered it cheap pm me too. Easily recognisable, it's likely to have a slight indentation in the bottom. (Factory second)

As many of you know I was supposed to be starting a new job at the beggining of the Month. As this job would require driving a van with trailer both here and abroad I had to get a photo licence, Digicard Tacho and passport. I also needed another copy of my birth cirt`. All this with postage and travel to the passport interview set mty back the best part of £200. That a small fortune when you haven`t worked since the of Jan! Of course I also spent money in lue of the Job start date. Things like a new Cam belt and water pump for the car. Not urgent but I thought best to get it done as funds would soon be better!
    How wrong could I be? Very, thats how!
    On the day I was due to start my employer phoned to say he`d be at my place around 4pm. The time came and went with no show. I tried phoning and texting but got no reply. The following day I got a messeage from my employer stating that he had rolled the van in the high winds! Bugger, the van was wrote off but he was OK, in quite a bit of pain but nothing life threatening.
    Over the last 2 weeks he has assured me (when he could be arsed to pick up the phone) that he was sorting a new van. The last I heard from him was last Friday. He phoned and said the van was being sorted that day and would be ready Monday or Tuesday (Yesterday) and I would be on the payroll this week!!
    Well I ain`t heard from him since. He wont answer his phones or reply to any messages I`ve left!
    Now this begs the question. Have I been Shafted?
    All I know is I`m now in the financial Poo. I`ve spent money I would have saved and didn`t sign on the week of my first start date because I thought I`d be signing off!
    Oh and just to rub salt in I also had to rehome my Chickens and my Cat

So Cheers Adam. I`m now paying bank charges due to being over my overdraft limit and you don`t even have the common decency to phone and explain yourself

Sorry I had to share this on here folks but I just wouldn`t like anyone else to get stung! You have been warned!

Seem to remember another AA member (Gormo) recently moaning that he was out of pocket because of the same individual (think he had not paid for a kayak ? - although maybe it got sorted because the topic seems to have gone - strange how threads keep disappearing isn't it ).

I have never met him (but I know alot of other members have) - but he has certainly upset alot of people. And you would think that if there was a genuine reason for these things; he would perhaps post and explain ? (let's hope so - and I mean that sincerely - although given his account has disappeared, I doubt it).

5. Baramundi Bob

Im still not entirely certain of what the score is?

This is my take on the situation so far

Adam Sedgewick runs some sort of courier service called Paddlesport Logistics. Hes a bit of a rogue and doesnt deliver the goods and then you never hear from him again.

Where does Curly come into the equation ?

I'm sorry for sounding dense but at times my brain don't work properly.

6. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Ken, He sounds very dodgy. Lets hope this post sticks in people minds and no-one on here falls foul of him in the future.

7. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi All i will try and find out whats happening as a courier and light haulier my self we have a web ring that might help locate this adam segwick does anyone have a reg number of his van color and type this guy gives us all a bag name he may be cheep and does a good job but when it goes t--s up hes nowere to be found regards Alain C/O Dashaulage (www.dashaulage.co.uk)

8. Baramundi Bob

Are you able to be a courrior for kayaks then Alan ? A lot of people have asked about couriours in the past year and Ive always struggled to recommend one. The lad who advertises on ebay only carries kayaks under 10 ft.

9. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Glenn i have a XLWB sprinter van and a flatbed trailer please have a look on my website for more details kayaks are not a problem what a lot of people don't understand is if thay have just one item to be collected then the price is the same as ten york To London might be £200 10 items is £20 each my rates are £1.00 per mile from postcode to postcode regards Alain C/O D A S Haulage (www.dashaulage.co.UK)

10. PNGWIN

PNGWIN New Member

Nice one willybendit, you nodout be needing a new driver, offer the job to curly. png

11. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi p n gwin i do need a help from time to time but to put a driver on the books costs a lot of money a van tax insurance fuel i did have a subbie on last year with his own van but work as been tight but anyone on the forum that needs out doing with a van should contact me i will try to give them a fair price but i do have to make a living no profit then no business regards Alain www.dashaulage.co.uk

12. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

paddlesport logistics

hi Ive just found out that misty from layburn will be getting a boat by the end of next week i do not know Adam Sedgwick but word as it he s been in touch with the customer misty bassyken do you know misty if so could you please check with her and lets know the outcome he s not on the web ring and will never get on been told he as no goods in transit insurance and not a registered business sounds like a man with a van that goes out ripping people off regards Alain (www.dashaulage.co.uk)

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Re: paddlesport logistics

Thanks for your assistance Alain. The power of the internet is amazing and some good has come out of this time, keep in touch.

Ken

14. Baramundi Bob

Re: paddlesport logistics

Willybendits your man Ken. Hes a bit like the Whitby Sea ANgler version of Jimmy Saville. Wll L fix it

15. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

come on alain change your name to willifixit :laugh: cos you never get a bend in your rod :laugh: :laugh:
    On a more serious note I have known alain for many years and done quite a few jobs with/for him both uk and europe. I know a few members know alain and will agree with me that he is both honest and reliable and most importantly insured for any goods you may wish him to transport. heres to hoping this rogue is tracked down and made to answer for the wrongs he has done. Does anyone have any idea whereabouts in the uk he lives it might save someone else who uses this forum from being screwed over?

16. Dorado

Dorado New Member

He lives in Cornwall - far west.
    He has been doing a LOT of European haulage for most of the big makers too. I got a lift with him down to St. Ives to collect my bike (OK and take a couple of kayaks to Camel Canoes on his trailer.) That was back in September. He had a load on the trailer (about 10 sea kayaks including my two - I helped him unload them) from Valley. They (supposedly) have been giving him a lot of work.

I am seeing him tomorrow because he has a rod I have got off another Cornishman for a swap for some Scotty mounts and stuff - meant to be meeting in Cannock at 14.00. I willreport as I find. I do know that over the last couple of weeks, speaking to people on his Parish, that he has had a really rough time (wife has kicked him out and his mother died last Friday.) That gives him an excuse for being dizzy this week, but no excuse for September, October and the first part of this month. Hopefully he will pull himself together and concentrate on doing the right thing.

As for his continued haulage? Apparently he got pulled by VOSA and being over (4 tonnes?) with no O license......awaiting the outcome. Digi tacho and everything, but not fully papered. Shame, he was taking some kayaks to France for me at £55 a boat. I will be catching a ferry myself methinks. :suspious:

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

tell you what i think you should give the guy a break, I mean he's had so much bad fortune the past few months - hes been robbed 6 times, crashed his van 4 times, got divorced twice and his mothers died twice, cut the guy some slack! :suspious: :suspious: :suspious: :wounded:

18. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

If his luck changes which I sincerely hope it does :wink: :wink: :whistle: :whistle: he should have two firsts coming his way - a visit from a bat linked with an american sport and a visit to her majestys best hotel. :yes: :yes:

19. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

PMSL! - I once worked with a bloke like that for a number of years. I think at the last count his mother had had 3 funerals !!

20. mick webster

mick webster Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I tell you what lads, some of the postings on our forums are funnier than anything Galton and Simpson could write. That last posting from Silver Fox cracked me up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.