1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owt doing anywere

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Dav, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Has any one been out the past dya or so ? , owt about, ive been out twice in perfect conditions and never had a sniff, is it the weather lol.....thinking about having a try on one of the piers shortly or tommorow ,, see if theres anything happening ,,never fished the gare for a while ....

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well after great reports from the west pier on Tuesday night with several anglers having lots of fish up to 10 pounds I opted for there in last nights club match. I was a day to late only catching a mop of a pound and a half. Not many fish at all on there although 2 other members of this forum faired slightly better with 1 having a 7 pounder and the other having 1 around 5 pounds. Not a lot more to report sadly Dav :mad: :mad:

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well i certainly wont be going to whitby glen , wouldnt like to risk it travelling from boro ,with the chance of being snowed in lol,, im tempted to try the south gare actually , i know it has a repuation for being shite,but i supose its as good as anywere at the moment ,only got frozen bait like ,frsh blks tomorrow though fingers crossed... ,well see

4. Baramundi Bob

Hi Dav,

I guess you know the gare far better than me (only been there a handfull of times in the past 2 years), but I would say be careful it's notorious for people getting washed in ( not sure how a se swell effects the breakwater ?)

Good luck whatever you decide mate !!

5. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Gonna try saltick beach 2nite guys,
    let ya now how i get on later.
    :(

6. Barny

Barny New Member

we are trying sandsend cliffs let you know later

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ive actually witnessed someone nearly get washed in on the gare ,took enm off there feet and nearly washed em off the side , silly boy,,, the big seas do cause problems on there like glen ...but its ok if youve an idea of how the sea works when it hits there. a few things have just come up so lookslike it will be tommorow now fxxxxxg, txxt .....

8. Baramundi Bob

Well you will get involved with women ;)

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ha ha tell me about it glen , its a bloody nightmare at the moment mate...with " HER " :-[

10. Baramundi Bob

How did I know it would be a woman.

I had a conversation over the phone the other day with a certain member of this forum about women getting in the way of fishing, and he said
    Then I heard this female voice in the background say
    At that point he said whoops -have to go be in touch later ;D ;D ;D ;D

PMSL

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

hahaha ,i like it ;D

12. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Saltick 2nite :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

13. Baramundi Bob

I was thinking you would have a 9 pounder :(

:D

14. Paul Grover

Paul Grover Guest

Ive just tried Skinningrove jetty It was diabolical 2 tiny whiting all night must have been 20 rods out. Apparently the only tide Ive mised in 3 days was yesterday afternoon and guess what? Yeah it fished its teats off lol.
    Always happens to me that lol.

15. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

fished runswick on tuesday night.caught a 5inch codling.faired only slightly better in wednesdays match i caught a 6 inch codling.tried somewhere different last night.managed a codling for 2lbs.another lad near us had one for 3.5lbs.my mate caught his PB codling 6lb 10oz ;D