1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Newton 15/4

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Supersonic, May 16, 2011.

1. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Decided on a trip to Out Newton yesterday. Got there a couple of hours before top, plenty of colour but a fair few waves coming in as well. Walked down to turbines and got down there.

I set off with one rod short and one long, both with fresh peeler on pulley pennels. To cut a long story short the sea carried on building, and the Bass rod was soon jumping about - not in any way that indicated a fish unfortunately so I packed it away and just went with the longer range option.

Didn't get a single bite until right on top of tide, when a gentle rattle and a bit of slack line led to landing a little Smoothy of 3-4lb (forgot to replace batteries in my digi scales so couldn't weigh it properly!)

[​IMG]

Chucked back in and had a fag, then a similar bite, but this time a lot more slack. Had to power wind to catch up but this was a nicer fish. Got it to about 20 yards out and it started doing the familiar Smoothy trick of storming up and down. There were some particularly decent sized waves coming in and it seemed a matter of time before it escaped, so after waiting for the waves to die off a little to aid it coming in (which didn't happen) I went for it. As it started coming out of the sea it was a good hound, at least twice the size of the other and a possible PB beater. Unfortunately I'll never know because the next wave surged up the beach and dragged it back in, causing the hook snood to snap :hurt:

Didn't have any more bites after that, the sea started calming a little a hour or two into the ebb so my hopes were up but it wasn't to be. I had been pushed right up to the cliffs at high, and a lot of people seemed to do a runner at that point, here's a pic after the tide had started ebbing.

[​IMG]

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice report Kev, shame you lost the big one but you didn't blank so not all bad news :yes:

3. parko60

parko60 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Unlucky with the big one mate but at least its nice to see the tip moving another good report nice one .

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Unlucky Kev , never mind may bee next time for the PB,
    Cant wait to have a go my self :wink: