1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other hobbies....

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Lynn_M, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

Just wondering what other hobbies and interests everyone has apart from fishing on here ? :)

Mine are photography, ive always had an interest but just started to take it seriously over the past year.

Then theres bikes, nothing beats going out for a good blast ( ahem apart from chucking a line out ;) )! im without 2 wheels atm as i needed a car for winter but will have another by summer , my last bike was a Yamaha R6 and loved it to bits 8) love bike racing both track and RR

Then i have a keen interest in reptiles and inverts mainly snakes and tarantulas, cut both of my collections right down for the time being it was beginning to become an obsession lol !

Lynn :)

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Riding road bikes and crossers,not been out on my road bike for a couple of years now,she's gathering dust in the garage but going up in price ;D more into crossing at the minute on either my yz125 or my mrs yz85 big wheel :)

Hoping to get to the TT this year,work always seems to get in the way of it but been to donnington to watch superbikes and motogp plenty of times,it's ruined it now it's at Silverstone it's just that bit too far for us northerners to do it in a day,hoping to get to Assen this year as well ;)

3. Lynn_M

Love Donnington, was lucky enough to get full VIP hospitality at BSB with MCE in 2012 we got both grid walks , exclusive trackside talk with Stuart Higgs, pilli ride with Michael Howarth which was the dogs danglies , free food and drinks but the best bit was i got to present the trophies in race one and with Brookes winning the double and me been a massive fan you can imagine how big my smile was ;D !! Big Eds been good to me also bagged another pilli ride with howie at Oulton last year and we got tickets to go to the premiere of i-superbiker in London then onto the afterparty in Soho i was absolutley trollied that night lol when its a free bar take full advantage ;)

Bit pi$$ed off with BT for getting full rights of motogp coverage its gonna cost me £12 pm to watch it robbing barstewards :mad: be interesting to see how Cal gets on with the Duc this season !

Crossers look fun, the other half had one a few years back.

4. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

for me its field sports. love it and always have

Sent from my LG-E610 using Tapatalk

5. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

After knee op few year back, retired from playing football. So is just fishing fishing fishing for me now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Lynn_M

Field sports as in shooting etc ? :)

Happy days ;D

7. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yeah. air guns, ferreting n working the dogs. love it

mick

8. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Drinking!!!!!
    When i get chance!!!!

Also live shooting but its too expensive to travel much to my shoot niw!!!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

9. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Used 2 be in the gym everyday without fail and train wing chung going to start again because this winter coats like a king size duvet wrapped around me :-0

10. Big Kev

Big Kev Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Used to love superbikes, I had a couple of Gixer 750s but a family and self employment meant give up :-(
    Now into mountain bikes and MMA not both together as that would be more dangerous than the superbikes :))

11. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

Pigeon shooting, horse riding and rugby for me!

12. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Boxing ,kick boxing, snow boarding, and mountain biking oh and lifeboating

13. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

going to bsb and other bike races with best mate who races,staying over in the rv for weekends(not so much now as new job don't help working weekends)helping out,
    doing pittboards ect,having a laugh with the lads,mountain biking(but not to good at that lol )
    course fishing,snowboarding(but aint bin in a while :'( ) too

14. Lynn_M

My dad used to go out ferreting when we were kids always had ferrets about i think they are ace lol !
    Haha ! like your style lol ;D shooting isnt cheap like lol !

haha just a tad loool !

My little girl does horse riding shes got a lesson tonight. You werent the lass that strolled into tesco on a horse and cracked open a drink for the facebook neck challenge were you hahahaha dont think the security guard was expecting that one pmsl ;D

Well in that case think ill feel much safer if im down the goat track and your there coz if pad pad comes for me ....you can kick his arse lol ;D

Gotta love trackside and been in the pits, only managed Oulton and olivers mount last year had too much going on :(

15. Lynn_M

Yup need to start working out myself again seriously lacking motivation at the minute grrrr

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

for me it is photography and learning to play guitar , i did spend a couple of years in a band and played over 70 gigs,the buzz after that first time on stage is unbelievable ,

now i just play for my own pleasure at home especialy acustic

17. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

My little girl does horse riding shes got a lesson tonight. You werent the lass that strolled into tesco on a horse and cracked open a drink for the facebook neck challenge were you hahahaha dont think the security guard was expecting that one pmsl ;D

No that wasn't me!!!

18. Lynn_M

Love acoustic , attempted to learn once but couldnt grasp bar chords :( then i thought id be the next Kim Deal and learn bass ...turns out i was shite at that too haha! But photography i seem to be half good at , ill post some pics in the photography section i took last year at fountains abbey when they had it lit up :) So are you team Nikon or team cannon ? ;)

Haha ;) pretty chuffed with my little girl tonight trotting perfectly, she just needs to gain enough confidence to steer the pony in the right direction ! bless :)

19. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

i am now a Canon Team Lynn , i started with a point and shoot ,then got a Sony A 330, now i have a canon 7D teamed with a 18-135 kit lens and a Sigma 150-500 super telephoto, and a canon 2,8 70-200 is l series , my next lens will be a wide angle i think ,

you should stick at the Guitar , it is great when it all clicks together , bar chords were the last thing i stuggled with,
    there is a great free site to learn , here is a link

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/AA-000-LessonIndex.php

20. Lynn_M

It was the 7D i nearly went for but having used Nikon i thought id stick with the devil i know and chose the D7000 lol , im after the 24-70mm f2.8 for mine but need to save a few more pennies first ;) then i think a nice little 60mm micro lense will give me what i need for a while , got the kit lens then bought the 55-300 and a 50mm f1.8 prime , its the cost of the lenses lol !!
    Will give the guitar another bash once ive got more time on my hands :)