1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops, I've done it again!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sambo, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Forgot to post this yesterday.

Myself and Matty had a paddle out on Saturday afternoon/evening, fog was a problem for the first few hours so we stayed in close where it was clearer and just hoped it would clear up instead of getting worse. Luckily for us the fog quickly lifted after 6pm ish so we headed out to the deeper water.
    We were jigging for a while but nothing to show for our efferts then all of a sudden we both latched into fish at the same time. After a couple of knocks I eventually hooked something decent and it fought like a demon on the lighter jerkbait rod making several good runs back down to the sea bed.
    I eventually got it next to the yak to see what looked like another double for lucky me :embarrass: Weighed it back at the beach and it went to 10lb 10oz so I'm well chuffed again :cheesy:
    Also managed another smaller Cod before the light levels dropped to much and picked up a few Mackerel whilst briefly stopping on the way back in. Also had a few Whiting but they went back in straight away.
    Matty landed a few nice Cod and several Pouting, Matty just isn't happy unless he's catching Pouting :whistle: Overall apart from the fog we had a really nice session with next to no wind which is a rarity this year.

Good to see Glenn isn't taking all our fish though, I must of got there just in time :tease: :embarrass: :cheesy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Sam

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:surprise: Top marks Sam, but hasn,t the fresh water season started now :baby: I,ll p.m. you later with a couple more places I want cleaning out before the match season starts :laugh: well done mate!

3. GJW

GJW Rockling

Great stuff Sambo...Well Done another fine fish... :happy: :cool:

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Aye you are getting abit use to pulling them pigs out ......just leave a few for us ....please .....Well done mate

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Crackin fish mate, you the pig miester of the yakkin world mate :wink:

6. newdave

newdave Guest

beginners luck ? :laugh:

well done Sam, a couple of cracking fish its a pity Shirley has take up shark fishing to beat you at the heaviest fish comp :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

whats the rules for heaviest fish comp? must be weighed is the first rule, sorry shirley ! looks like fudgepacker has won again!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

no prob mate, I drew a line on my hull at the waterline before i banked the wee fishy n then again with it on my lap, just gonna jump on the park lake n see how many bags of sugar i need :laugh: :laugh:

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:laugh: :laugh: I think Dave got it right with 'beginners luck' :embarrass:

Just need to catch a Cod bigger than Shirley's Tope and I'm sorted :crazy: :canadian:

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ave you still got that 10lb mop in the freezer Sam, I could do with a good sized flapper for our next outing :laugh: :laugh: . Only messing mate, a 10lb cod deserves mucho respect, I and many more on here dream of one. :wink: :happy:

11. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done fudgemonkey - don't take any notice of them boys they're all jealous like me :baby:

12. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

well done sam
    cheers ian

13. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

well done fudgepacker-yakker!!! (matty called ya that not me lol) looked a nice day there, nice fish an all :cheesy:

14. IanB

IanB Blenny

Well done m8 nice fish

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

That makes my Runswick report look crap now :ugly: :cheesy: :laugh:. Well done to you 2 nice to see the big fish are there if you know how.

16. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Sam-cracking fish. How much do you charge for kayak fishing lessons?

17. bucko

bucko Guest

You need a pirate flag for the back of that yak!
    Well done mate.

18. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

First lesson is free Dave, only thing is you would need to set aside 2 mins for me to tell you everything I know about kayak fishing :embarrass:

19. raymo

raymo New Member

2 MIN'S,how are you going to make it last that long sam.. :laugh:

20. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

There will be two coffee breaks during the two minute course to drag it out a bit :tease: