1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One For The Boat Anglers - Best Mid Priced Rod For Boat Fishing Trips ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A Question from Facebook, but given the amount of Boat Fishing expertise on here Ive decided to post it here as well.

Original Question Here.

Whitby Boat Fishing Catch Reports Here.

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A lot cheaper but reasonable for the occasional trip, and well under £100

Rovex Integra Gold - Here

Rovex Tideline Here.

Not that I own these but I do have a rovex rod which is not the worst rod I've ever had by any means

4. Baramundi Bob

Id go with the saltist option on the reel front. Or a Penn 535 if you can find one. Great for shadding.

I had a Rovex 20lb class integra gold for the kayak. Great rod for that. I tried it on the boat but was never happy with it. Perhaps just a little soft. But maybe a step up to the 30lb class would be good.

5. Baramundi Bob

What Class are the Kenzakis Perry, and what about the saltist, is there different sizes ??

6. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I use a shimano ld 15 for shadding with an ugly stick and a daiwa ld50h for bait. The lever drag is so much easier when you get snagged and you can put the drag back to exactly the same place every time.

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Defo the kenzaki 20/30 great rod for braid. It maybe more expensive but will last a life time. Got mind off dan a whitby angling. Tip rod

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have used the saltist 50 and am currently using the saltist 30th .
    The 30 is better balanced for use with the kenzaki and powerful enuff to winch the bigguns out the wreck never had any problems with either the 50 is more powerful again but very wide both reels are very smooth and built very well

9. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I love my Kenzaki and daiwa Saltist, I don't do a lot of boat fishing, a couple of trips a year at tops, but this outfit suits me.
    I bought them both second hand, if you take your time looking there are bargains to be had.
    Regards Ian

10. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I have the saltist 50 with the rod it's great. Loads of power for a big ling or halibut

11. Baramundi Bob