1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One For The Algie's

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well those southern softies think they do some tough launches. Tonight myself and Mike took it up a notch when we went to suss out a launch over a 200ft Yorkshire Coast Cliff.

We arrived at our venue and sussed out the best place with a sheer drop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next we tied on the kayak and dropped her over the edge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kayak down, now we need to get oursleves down and to go see where it landed, Over with our rope, and down we go :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Were down, the perfect landing, pointing out to sea and ready to go :

[​IMG]

Ok, the sea was too rough to launch, but were ready, we can be down there in 10 mins and out to sea fishing. Beat that Scarborough boys ? Can you launch down Bemmo ??

2. Baramundi Bob

Video of the kayak retrieval will be posted on our facebook page soon :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whitby-Sea-Anglers/211560138890758

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Hahaha that's mint Glenn :scared: you Northern Neanderthals amuse me, have a look at sea on a 200 foot cliff, see it's lively, throw rope down and kayak, get down and realise seas lively :nerd:

I'll let you know when the circus arrives on Filey road if your quick you and Mike may get signed up class act :laugh:

On a serious note looks fun and what it's about me and the Ramroot will have to beat that now :confused:

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Mental! Love it though :cheesy:

5. Easy Yakker

Easy Yakker simply messing about in boats

We didn't cover that launch technique on the Runswick safety course. Maybe a topic for next year, when you have ironed out a few teething problems as it seems to offer such a lot of potential for the kayaking fraternity!

6. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Backs aching a bit this morn glen,bet mikes is as well after his fall.lol

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

That's more like it. Im well impressed with anything hardcore :cool: thinking of sitting in my yak and launching off bemmo as I,ve calculated that the rope needed with weigh about half a ton and that would be ridiculous :whistle:

On the next match on our turf it's going to be compulsary for the raiders to don a Viking helmet so we know how many of you there are. If you don't wear one don't bother turning up!

8. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

just watched the video..... my lad says he will never twist on about dragging our malibu 2 xl the 700 or so yards from the north gare car park to the blue lagoon even tho its on a trolley.... ... hats off to you both..
    Paul

9. robq

robq Rockling

mad as cheese :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It looks like the sort of thing you would be involved with Iain !!

There has a big fall just north of gull nook before chain :surprise: I reckon you could do a seal launch from the top :yes:

10. J.R.HARTLEY

J.R.HARTLEY Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Lowering your yak down that cliff Mike must of been a piece of p...s. Remember when we hauled that big rock up kettleness cliff, happy days :laugh:

11. Baramundi Bob

:scare:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17760.msg157802#msg157802

[​IMG]

12. Baramundi Bob

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201303579733578&set=vb.1295209724&type=2&theater

13. Baramundi Bob