1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ole faithful whitby west :-)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mladds, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all, haven't reported lately mainly because I haven't been catching lol
    So for once I thought right I'm on my own so for once I'll have a few hours down my ole faithful WW. I arrived late as had the sons birthday party first. High was about 11:30pm so I arrived at around 9:20 ish and aye up its got more lights than whitby decorations ;-) on it.
    A quick chat with a few on the end, and not looking good to squeeze in I decided I'll drop back 50 yards and chuck out on the sand. Always a happy place for me as it brings back memory's of last season crazy evenings cod haul.

Anyway back to reality, first chuck baited up with squid and worm, within 5 mins, tap tap bang, and up comes a nice 5.12lb :) happy happy happy I was, and quickly out again with hi hopes. But alas, only a mop and a whiting for the next hour or so. An hour after high the wind and rain were starting to dampen my spirit so I started to pack my bag and as I looked up, of it nodded. I held my rod and slack went the line so gently reeled up, again a few tap then bang over it went and..... Yep missed it:-( so that's it as you do, one more chuck called for now. This time squid cart and a worm to top it of.
    No joke for the next 15 mins I had had 4 slack liners and when tightened up some right pulls. And like a right muppet missed them all.

Another cart squid worm cocktail out and after a few minutes tap and slack but this time when it pulled away I knew it was on... And yes a nice 4.4lb :) anyway I stayed a few more chucks then decided this time home James.

So yes wet and a bit cold but hey 2 in the bag. And met a couple of more fellow fishermen who were staying on till 3am :) brave men, hope you catch plenty lads.

Until next time tight lines lads, even tho tonight it was more often slack lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

2. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice account there bud, well done

3. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

2 nice fish bud, shame you misted the others

4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done bud