1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oiled Black Lugworm

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by NorthWestern, Dec 31, 2013.

1. NorthWestern

NorthWestern Blenny

has anybody used these black lug ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oiled-Black-Lugworm-/181038871351?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item2a26c1f337#ht_228wt_905

jason

2. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

i wouldnt bother mate tbh, am sure some people have done ok with them, but personally i havent. cant beat fresh or decent frozen blacks

3. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

I'll second that.i saw a lad using some of the oiled ones down Skegness a couple of years back..they looked bloody awfull!!! he didn't catch a thing with them and if you cant pick flatties up at skeggy.....you haven't got a hook on :eek:

4. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

10x 8inch black lug for £7.70 and hes sold 240 paks :eek: must be some right fruitcakes about :eek:

5. DiscoMick

Oh yes.... ;D

6. captainpugwash

captainpugwash Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well I guess I'm one of those fruitcakes cos, yes, I bought a pack and tried them last Sunday....
    Hard as hell, like trying to thread a hook through a roll of dried sack!! No smell to them, and certainly not attractive to fish, not even slugs!!!
    Total blank!! :(

7. darkhorse

darkhorse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I tried them down at kilnsea a few weeks ago tipped off with squid and had 5 whiting between 1lb & 1lb & a half while my other rod with fresh lug & squid only caught bits. I might just have been lucky but not totally going to rule them out just yet. Be interested to know of anybody else has had any results.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

8. DiscoMick

Best to try baits on their own mate,cocktail them when you know they work individual.....done it many times ;)

9. crazy horse

crazy horse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

dont worry mate it wasnt that very long ago when jason wasnt the leg end he is now..

10. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sorry no offence :-X
    :p :-*

11. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Is jason a leg end,thought he was a bit of a noddy :eek: ;D ;D ;D

12. blindfrogernie

blindfrogernie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've used these several times now and find them a lot better than frozen worms and I haven't blanked on them yet. Because they're preserved in oil the outer skin is a lot tougher than both fresh and frozen so they stay on the hook 3 or 4 times as long and they don't burst. I'd always value fresh over frozen but I try to keep a few packs of these in my tackle-box for those last minute trips or when fresh isn't available. I just wish my local shop would stock them so I don't have to pay postage.
    Hope this helps.

13. pikeman

pikeman Blenny

fellas,

just dip your frozen lug in cod liver oil it will do the same job.

pikeman