1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Oh go on then one more time "

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Mar 8, 2008.

1. cps

cps Rockling

not quite , a fall from the top of the ladder at green rock hurts alot and leeves you limping for a week or two but thats all , or was for me, rope snaped half way down the steepish bit in the middle of the bird ash and i came out un hurt, i can rember at least two people who needed a trip to hospital while trying to get into crab hole , one with a shoulder and the other was a wrist i think .
    so i geuss we al do things we shouldent you just have to do whats good for you

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

This again is the sort of pm I am receiving,I haven t sent a single pm to any of the people sending me the abusive messages my posts have all been on the forum....I have politely replied to a couple of people but the messages I am receiving from a so called mate are out of order.

This forum was friendly.....I do hope this is down to posting when drunk as I can 't quite see why thie above can be justified

3. andycod

andycod New Member

would not been much of a fall to you longpod i bet you can touch the bottom from the top anyway!!

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

I'm sure he cracked the ledge below where he hit :wink: :happy:

5. newdave

newdave Guest

Carry on Worm, i hope you have the balls to take this on face to face, but then you would answer your phone if you had. Would have pmed you but they finish up here anyway.

6. smokey

smokey Rockling

Easy Tiger :surprise: It's supposed to be a friendly forum where people can exchange views.Both Worm and Rob have stated they would definitely wear the right gear the next time they went,so why all the hostility? I suggest you log off and let your head clear before posting again Dave because this is the sort of behaviour which stops people posting threads on their fishing trips and thats the whole point of a forumn....tight lines....Mart

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

8. cps

cps Rockling

9. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

:yes: :yes: :yes:i had six layers on as well ,managed to get them all off but was laughing my head off all the time ,good stuff that gas :laugh: :laugh:

10. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

great report dave and some amazing picture's.you were rewarded with some nice fish.we all take risk's every time we step out of our front door's.life is full of risk's.it's been said on this forum before about the risk's involved walking under the cliff's to mark's and from fishing off the top's of cliff's.we all know what the risk's and hazard's are and the outcome if the worst should happen.
    therefore if your happy to take these risk's then that's ok.If you don't like taking these risk's then don't.but don't go slating the bloke's that do.
    fishing from pier's and jetty's carry's risk's.every time you set foot on a boat it involve's risks.getting in your car and driving is also risky.some of these risk's are overlooked or never given a second thought.concentration can sometime's lapse whilst doing thing's that are risky.
    these two lad's knew the risk's and i'm 100% sure they were aware of them all the time from the moment they stood on the top looking down,starting their descent,until the minute they put their feet on the scar at the bottom.they weren't reckless and will have been doing everything as safely as they could.
    hat's off to you guy's.
    you've got courage
    :wink: :wink:

11. robq

robq Rockling

Taking risks, Its all part and parcel of North Yorkshire rock angling, love it or hate it !!

I love it :yes: :yes: :happy: :happy: :crazy: :crazy:

12. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I don't get whats the fuss if you want to do it you do it f*ck all the rest.

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Probably one of the best topics on this forum in quite some time. It shows how dedicated anglers in this region are to their sport, and the pictures illustrate why this forum is so good. Real dedicated anglers really going for it :wink: :wink:

14. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

i dont see what all the the fuss is about if robq and jellyworm want to go down rollup thats up to them as for safety everybody is there own safety person i have ropes and decender but i never take them they get in the way jellyworms adventures is good reading because this winter i couldnt get out much because of work and my son was born 3 jan keep it up jellyworm and robq
    cheers ian

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Talk about passion for angling :cheesy: :cheesy: Some good points raised again :happy: Whats obvious from this post and many others is how we all have different perceptions/opinions of whats right or wrong and what we should or should,nt do. If I was at the top of some dodgy looking decent, I would make a decision wether to go down or not and how I would go about it. It would be based on my own capabilities, common sense and a little bit of daring. There would always be the chance of something going wrong, as there would be driving to the location. One things for sure, I certainly don,t want to die the death, I,m far too young :whistle: :cheesy: Either way at that point I would make my decision. It would be a sad day if it had already been made for me. :sad:

16. bucko

bucko Guest

While its not for me (too heavy footed etc), the results speak for themselves.
    Just looking at that first photo again made me feel dizzy but, you lads seem confident in your capabilites and no doubt know when to draw the line so fair play to you and well done on the fish.
    I bet you don't show your 'better halves' those pics though- I'd get 'grounded' :wink:

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Thanks for the encouragement lads. :happy:

Bucko...."The Bitch" does her fair share of cliff descents too.
    [​IMG]

18. bucko

bucko Guest

You're laughing then mate!
    My missus doesn't mind the odd spot of fishing but I reckon Ravenscar is about her limit. Though she was in better shape than me on the way back up- damn those cough sticks!!

19. Nicepix

Nicepix New Member

The only way Mrs. Nicepix would do that is if she dropped a quid from her purse.

20. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

For the descents were i feel I NEED them I have the following items on their way plus another couple of hundred metres of ropes. A few ideas of a couple of descents not roped yet.....Straight off Big Railings....lol....only joking !!
    But there are some North of The Brigg that are calling :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] 200ft of caving rope.

[​IMG] descending device

[​IMG] ascending devices