1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocean Kayak UK Fishing Team

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by merryfisher, Nov 30, 2013.

1. merryfisher

merryfisher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ocean Kayak UK Fishing Team
    The 2014 OK UK Fishing Team will consist of three members.
    Keith Ward aka Merryfisher has been selected as the first member of the team.
    Expressions of interest are invited to fill the two further vacancies and complete the team.

Team member competencies
    1. Fishing skills, this is a fishing team and we are seeking competent kayak fishermen/
    women respected in their particular fields be it competitions, big fish, meets, events or
    fishing adventures to represent the team.
    2. Media skills, have the ability to post across a range of social media, promoting both the
    Ocean Kayak range and SMG products. Share trip reports, reviews, photographs and
    videos especially catch reports. Be careful what you post, offensive or derogatory posts
    will not be tolerated.
    3. Communication, communicate with other kayak anglers, online forums, website, blogs
    and Facebook as individuals and through the official team accounts. Be on hand to
    provide information and advice at meets and competitions.
    4. Friendly, have a positive attitude to everyone you meet, be they novice or the most
    experienced. Be approachable and make available your time and equipment for others
    to try and experience.
    5. Professional, act with honesty and integrity when promoting the brands, be professional
    when making recommendations ensuring that they are suitable to the needs of the
    enquirer. Take an active role in promoting the brands wherever possible while
    maintaining a high standard of etiquette in relation to comments made.

Team Benefits
    1. To represent and be ambassadors for the respected Ocean Kayak brand.
    2. To compete, report and review the brands under the official Ocean Kayak UK Fishing
    Team name.
    3. Branded team clothing.
    4. Promotion of you personally as an accomplished angler in your own field.
    5. The use of the latest Ocean Kayak models and associated SMG brands, including
    fishfinders, fishing tackle and kayaking accessories.

Team Responsibilities
    1. Post regular fishing reports with pictures and videos
    2. Post reviews of products supplied
    3. Compete in competitions, attend events and organize meets. Show your kayak/kayaks
    and rigging and be on hand to offer advice and information.
    4. Make models available for people to try.
    5. Team members must avoid derogatory or offensive language are advised not to post in threads involving such language or attitude.

How to apply
    Send a brief profile including:
    How do you fit the team competencies
    Where do you fish
    What are your favorite locations
    Where and who are you online
    Events and trips; What are your plans for the next fishing season and how can they
    contribute to the OK UK team.
    Attach 3 photos to the application.
    Send via email to oceankayakukfishingteam@gmail.com

Closing Date 15/12/13.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Mate, Personally im not really into teams, but if there is anyway I can help through the site just say. I think Ocean kayaks are the best out there and I always do all I can to push people in their direction.

3. merryfisher

I hope you don't mind me just plastering it all over here but I wanted it on most sites in one go.
    Thanks for your support, having fished Runswick, Scarborough and Flamborough I don't seem to do very well at the big fish meets.
    Always seem to wrangle a codling out when I visit my mum in Scarborough though.
    Cheers Keith

4. Baramundi Bob

Not a problem mate, keep us posted on how it goes.

5. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

I'm opposite to you, Keith.

I do better at the Biggest fish meets and not so well on species hunts!

6. andym

andym Rockling

Well done Keith good to see a proven manufacturer gathering a team for next year.

7. merryfisher

Ian, I think I need more practice up north, that's what I tell the Mrs anyway. I had a couple of weeks in Scarborough and Runswick in the summer so at least I've got a few marks to try out now.

Andy I reckon this team thing should interesting with a bit of friendly competition between manufacturers chosen fishermen.

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well done Keith, bet you are a very happy chappy :)

Looking forward to a bit of team rivalry next year ;D

9. Baramundi Bob

Hi Guys, I'm pretty keen to push the Ocean kayak Team through this website. If and when you post any updates or reports about the team could you please use the Tags section when starting a topic, as shown in the image below.

Please insert the words - ocean kayak fishing team

This will allow me to build up a list of topics about the team. This in turn is helpful for highlighting the topics and news to our site readers and of course search engines.

At present we only have 2 topics relating to the team but Im sure as time progresses we can build up quite a list.

If there are any other ways I can help then please just say, Im very keen to help you guys out.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=2455

Attached Files:

10. merryfisher

Brilliant thanks, will do.

I don't suppose you can help with the weather too ?

11. Baramundi Bob

Possibly. Ill be in touch.