1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norway Boat Fishing - Cod And Halibut - Filey boys in Skjervoy

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by quint, Jun 16, 2012.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Last week 8 lads from Filey sampled the fishing around Skjervoy in Norway, we were not disappointed, and the weather Gods blessed us with some great weather, seeing us out every day, it really was a holiday of a lifetime, the best cold water fishing in the world - the pictures do the talking as I'm sure you'll agree

We arrived in Tromso by air and then took the 2 hour journey to Skjervoy in the fast ferry

[​IMG]

Arriving in the town

[​IMG]

When at the camp our imaginations were pricked when we saw the "halibut tale" board in the filleting shed

[​IMG]

We had plenty of fish, many in the 20 to 32lb stamp, I was lucky enough to land a 40lb cod and 46lb Halibut within a half hour of each other, Bosun also had a fantastic Billet of 30lb and 15lb cod on the same drop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fishing under the Misty Mountains, most fish were caught between 40 and 100 yards from the shore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bosun with a 30lber

[​IMG]

And his double shot, 30lb billet/15lb cod

[​IMG]

Andy with a few fish, he also managed a nice 19lb Halibut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lads managed some great Haddock to 6 and 8lb

[​IMG]

Ade with a Sub fish

[​IMG]

Tee Shirt weather high up in the Arctic Circle

[​IMG]

Land of the Midnight sun, this was taken on the first night at 12

[​IMG]

We explored the seas in amazing surroundings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We enjoyed the company of some moose at one of our productive marks, we aptly named it "Goat Gulley" :educated:

[​IMG]

40lber, hooked in her belly, took a bit of getting up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Halibut at 46lb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Quality butcher at work

[​IMG]

Not serious fishing this, this is Andy 30 seconds after being snapped by a monster Halibut, Norman Wisdom pose

[​IMG]

Pleased we got on the board

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the snaps, it really is the place to visit if your a serious cod angler, although it can spoil you no doubt, any questions please ask, thanks for looking

2. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Re: Filey boys in Skjervoy, Norway

Stunning pictures of some top quality fish and as you say the scenery is second to none.

A pleasure to look at thanks for sharing it looks like you all had a great time.

Those memories will last a lifetime ( especially on those fishless,freezing Winters nights back home when you're thinking what the feck am I doing out in this :laugh: :laugh: )

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

WOW! Awesome fishing lads, some stonking fish there. Bet it was hell of an experience, well done on those fish. That's your UK fishing screwed for a while!

Even though you were close to shore did you have to motor a bit to get to those marks or is it doable by kayak?

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nice one quint, look like you lads had a fad time

5. quint

Haha Sam, what do you think I was thinking whilst there?? At those particular marks you had to cross the open sea, about 10 miles to get to them, however the potential in Norway for the uk kayak/boat/shore angler is immense - with dwindling stocks in the uk waters I think more and more are going to be going across, I'm sure if you had the time to suss it out you could make a good living guiding over there, as you can see the fishing is in a different league - if your thinking of kayaking over there let me know, I'm already thinking of my next trip and think kayaking may be the way

6. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

top pictures and report molester,looks like you all had very, very , good time.

7. quint

Couldn't settle Bill knowing you were raiding my crab pools :angry:

8. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

still peeling them iain, :canadian: :canadian: must admit i did have a rather smug smile on my face as i dropped each crab in to me bucket :evil: :evil:,my smile wasnt quite as broad as yours though with that 40 pounder :sick: :sick:

9. barry pilmoor

barry pilmoor Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What great pics I would love to do the trip one day you will be throwing them back at filey under 10 lb thanks for sharing you pics with us

10. JACKOM

JACKOM Blenny

Brilliant report Iain, thanks and well done on the special '40' The photos bring back some special memories from previous years (gutted that we aren't off this year) but looking to go next. As has been said before it can spoil it a bit when you get home with the quality fishing there. Glad you also had some settled weather as it makes a massive difference to get to the better marks.
    Nice to see you were also promoting the appropriate headwear :wink:MOT.

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Amazing, I so want to go....

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

awesome stuff :yes:

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Iain been waiting to see those pics. What a place and what fishing. Still, it,s just as good around here according to Fred normandale in today's evening news :canadian:

14. king ling

king ling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A brilliant report and pics with some awsome fish well done.

15. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fantastic pics & trip lads any places next year i am with you cheers pete

16. scottygf

scottygf Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done lads great report and pics :wink:
    8 weeks to go and im there i cant wait after seeing them pics :happy:

17. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

great pics of some cracking fish cant wait to get back over there again

18. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking report and pics. Amazing how much the lack of snow makes it look so different. Everything was white for us mid april.

Well done on the 40lb'er. Feel brilliant doesn't it when you see such a fantastic fish come to the surface and your hearts in your mouth hoping you manage to get it on the boat. Sadly we didn't manage to find and halibut as did no one else the week we went so pretty pleased you guys did. :yes:

19. newdave

newdave Guest

well done Moleman & the Filey boys, Amazing fish. we are playing around with smaller fair further south, but having a great time. just afew pics from our limited WIFI, will do a report when we getback at the end of the month.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

QUALITY bud, what a place...............