1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Sea sharking - the pleasure and the pain!

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by rupert, Jun 9, 2010.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Truely awesome, fantastic report and pic's Rupert as always... Great stuff :cool: :cool:

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

That has got to be one of the best reports I have ever read. Thank you for taking the time and effort Rupert it was simply amazing and I actually got totally lost in the story, it was just like actually being there, phenomenal. If you were to publish all your fishing reports it would surely be a best seller, just a thought.

Are you yakkers serious about fishing for a porgi ??
    If shy- torque can drift 3/4 of a mile unnoticed during a hook up just imagine the distance an angry porgi would pull a yak in an hour or more, madness total madness leave it to the experts.

3. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done lads and what a cracking report Rupert that certainly was a day to remember and I notice you are not that far from land. The door in the stern of the boat must make things allot easyer as well.

That was a great read hope I never fall in that takes the thought of getting involved in Kayaking out of my mind.

Great stuff good luck on your next trip Tightlines Chris

4. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

Fantastic read thoroughly enjoyed that! just wish i had another 3 stone on my body weight and 6 inches on my biceps then id think about tackling one of those beasts!!! im just a weed so ill stick to 10lb cod (i wish) :yes:

5. congerball

congerball Blenny

Best report I have read in ages. Cracking fishing. Well done

6. Junior

Junior New Member

I don't think I've ever seen Brownie break a sweat whilst attached to a fish! Awesome mate, just awesome!

P.S. Fancy being shown up by a shark in the looks department!!!

Nick

7. Mick

Mick They're out there!

Superb photos and top report. Well done all.

8. smokey

smokey Rockling

Not a bad alternative if you were watching the bikes Nigel :wink: :happy: tight lines

9. Doc

Doc New Member

To be honest it was spot on mate, weather was brilliant, racing was awesome and to do quite a few laps around the circuit made my week, particularly on the mountain section where the road is closed and made one way only, which means you can hammer it and not worry about oncoming traffic.

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

I sit on the edge of my seat watching that isle of man tt......Thats one sick race ....in todays day and age of health n safety im very suprised its allowed ......

11. ibatfish

ibatfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

brilliant report.dave looks cream crackered,resting the rod on the rail!tut tut dave :no:its great to see a fantastic fish now and again well done all.

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Rupert,

I was reading one of your earlier shark articles on the site, and read that you were considering fishing for sharks on the drift. Have you given any more thought to this idea ?? :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-east-shark-fishing

13. rupert

rupert Blenny

Glenn

I haven't done anymore on the drift for a couple of years, so can't really advise. I know that what the Welsh sharking guys still use as their first line of attack. If I was fishing on a big tide, I'd certainly be tempted to give it a go, as keeping float fished baits at the correct depth from an anchored boat in a big tide is tricky. Drifting on a big tide would also be best if it was wind against tide, or better still, wind cross tide to get the scent trail working with maximum coverage.

Rupert

14. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Well done rupert
    I would`nt mind trying for those sometime

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

16. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

FANTASTIC report and pictures Rupert, :yes: :yes: :yes:
    I can't believe I missed this report first time around. :blindfold: :blindfold: :blindfold:

Thanks for the Bump Glen,

17. jimaru09

jimaru09 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

PICTURES AND REPORT 1S'T CLASS A PLEASURE TO READ :educated: :educated: :educated:

18. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Exactly what I was about to say. Superb report mate, would hate to battle a fish for that long and have the line go slack though :scared: :wounded:

19. kevinh

kevinh Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

absolutely cracking report.... i want one!!!

20. rupert

rupert Blenny

Another report will follow in due course telling the story of the rest of the summers sharking. :yes:

I've had four days sharking since writing this report and have at least another six days ahead. I've been helping CEFAS who have a porbeagle shark satellite tagging programme in the South West and the North sea (where I come in). Their programme has not gone according to plan in the S.W. and despite using local rod and line sharking experts and using commercial longliners, not a single porbeagle shark has been caught and tagged.

I've got some good pictures etc, but my eventual Post needs to be approved by the CEFAS press office first, so please bear with me guys.

I'm due to be at sea Monday to Thursday this week. Appart from luck being on our side, all we need now is a kind forecast................... :suspious: