1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Sea sharking - the pleasure and the pain!

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by rupert, Jun 9, 2010.

1. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What a cracking day Rupert some absolutely fantastic fishing glad i had my traces made of 400lb 49 strand wire.
    Must admit i hope if i do encounter one on the yak its a tad smaller :crazy:

2. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

Simply astounding ! Well done boys.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I spoke to Richard about doing a kayak/shark trip. Rich said he had been approached through the winter or late last year by someone he assumed had just escaped from broadmoor, so he turned them down. I explained that it would probably be Ken, and although the idea sounded mad it was doable, and indeed has been done in the states. Rich was a little more open to the idea after I reassured him that the people interested were very experienced kayakers with all te required safety equipment.

So it may be possible !!!!!

4. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

5. robq

robq Rockling

Awesome story and pictures Rupert :cool:

Just goes to show what potential whitby has as one of the greatest angling ports in the UK !!

Come on Ken and Spawney get yourselfs on those kayaks with some rubby dubby and have the 1st UK kayak caught Porgie :surprise: :surprise:

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

What do you mean "One Of" ?? :wink: :whistle:

7. topecatcher

topecatcher New Member

A special big thank you to Rupert for giving me this opportunity without whose dedication and encouragement I doubt I would have ever taken the time out to try for these awesome fish!
    What else can I say other than that was a completely awesome day afloat made that much better with a brilliant skipper and crew in the form of Rich and John.

Oh and for what it’s worth you wouldn’t get me in a bloody kayak amongst a dubby trail full of Porgies :no: Good luck :scare:

8. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Rupert, well done to you and the lads, that's a fantastic report and photos, thank you very much for taking the time to share it with us.
    Great stuff!!!
    Regards Ian

9. Doc

Doc New Member

Boo Hoo Hooo, and to think I went to the Isle of Man instead.

Well done guys, gutted but made up for you

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Absoloutly awsome report and fishing rupert ...Thanks for sharing .... :cool: :yes:

11. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Another superb contribution to the forum Rupert,thanks for taking the time and effort to share an unforgettable days fishing.

12. Antony

Antony New Member

Awesome report and photo...gonna read it again.

13. bucko

bucko New Member

Simply amazing Rupert. Even sat here in a boxroom office the adrenalin was pumping as I was reading that.
    They are a truly awesome sight.

14. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Rupert you are some kind of fishing god. Who needs Henry Gilbey when we have our very own species hunter!

Amazing stuff & scary stuff. Not the sort of thing I'd take on but I doff my hat to you for going after them and getting them!

The picture of that straightened hook tells its own story. :scared:

15. andycodsnob

andycodsnob New Member

This is what i joined this forum for........ simply Superb story which should grace a national magazine. Thanks for sharing your truly inspiring tale and well done guys.

16. Chris j

Chris j Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

class report, you make the reader feel the tension you obviously all were feeling landing the fish on stand up and fight gear . the bend on the rods and the sweat on your heads tells it all.. awesome

17. jimaru09

jimaru09 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

MUST BE SOME FEELING GREAT ACCOUNT LADS AND PICTURES WERE A1

18. Rick B

Rick B New Member

I can only echoe what has already been said .. fantastic report, i would have gladly paid to read that report, it was like reading a fishing adventure novel, get it sent to Boat Angler, they will gift you for that lind of detailed reprt.. brillant lads well done, Im the same as you Graham dont thing them fish would even get near my boat, it would be like Jaws when its pulling the boat backwards LOL :surprise:
    Rick B

19. mww

mww Rockling

Well done guys!!

Great stuff - look forward to more of the same!!

Mart

20. Howard

Howard Blenny

Dont know what to say that has not already been said but a big thank you to all involved in sharing it with us if it wasnt for sites like this the whole adventure would have passed but with the brilliant write-up and pics it can be relived over and over.
    Back on the pies now Dave?