1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Hawsker - Yesterdays report 28/10

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mark Gelder, Oct 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Being a wuss i never bothered fishing Fri/Sat instead waited for Sunday, arrived at Hawsker tops greeted by this............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a sea, thick as guts and lovely big swells coming in...........

I was down there on LW fishing the flood. Nothing at all to report until around 2 hrs before top at which point i was joined by 4 lads from Filey. I managed 2 mops 1 after another, thought here we go, 1 of the Filey lads then pulled in a nice 8lber another filey lad landed a nice 5lber with my hook snook in its mouth. that was it as far as the action is concerned. Around HT Mike and Damo came back from middle way where Mike had 3 mops. was a poor show really in very good conditions.

I made my way back to the car just after HT and headed to Holbeck for a few chucks, sea looked good but was dying rapidly, had a few chucks off swimming pool beforeheading onto scaur, 1st chuck on scaur landed a mop around 2lb, thought here we go, had a good cod bite 2nd cast but never came back, was joined by Smokey, we both fished it down and srf hr up, the sea was flattening all the time, i managed 3 rocking.

2. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi mark nice meeting you yesterday,i had another two casts when you left and got a little rockling crap considering the conditions.

3. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice to meet u bud, I'll drop u a pm next time I go down during week

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Looks lovelly a bit more sea i perfer down there but all the same looked nice some years it lacks especially if there is a lack of 4-6lb fish mops about scaurs are the place.

paul.

5. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ye mark let me know and if im off work ill come down.