1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North gare

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ijakk, Jul 13, 2013.

1. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

With the glorious weather we are having i decided a quick early morning session down the gare was the order of the day. Arrived about 4.30 to find the clarity somewhat dirtier thAn I was expecting and a resonable bit of movement, about half an hour in and the first bass slammed my k2, just under size but a great start, then unfortunately it went dead, it wasn't until hw that I manage to nail another on a savage gear sandeel, about same size, managed to knock it off while I was landing it but nice easy release.

Met one of the forum members down there, had a good chat about all things fishing, good to meet you Tony drop me a pm and we can arrange a session sometime in the furture.

Cheers

Rich

2. anderson365

anderson365 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Never fished the gare before, but heard some horror stories

Do the odd balls only come out later in the day/evening ? was thinking about having an early morning trip one day but don't have much patience for the funny types .

3. kingsa2

kingsa2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Rich,

Yes it was good to chat about the sport and the different venues, I had another fish at 39cm and I had a take but lost one shortly after moving to the spot I was on about. Finished at about 9am.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5564

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidays/camping/tenanted-camping-and-caravanning-sites/

Here's a couple of links to the Campsite I was on about and the National Trust search facility.

Take care mate

Tony

4. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one on the fish tony, I thought you might have had something when you were still stood on there as I wandered back to the car, cheers for the links.

Rich

Anderson yeah the clowns tend to come out in the daylight but it ain't half as bad down there as it is at south gare, I would go if it was.

5. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had most of my bass down there rich, well done mate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi. in whitby for 2 weeks in september. Would anyone be will to take me for a days fishing after trhe bass on plugs. I have own car but if someone wants to take me would pay there fuel for the day. thanks