1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North East Let Down Badly

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 25, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

This is the problem Leon.The "selected participants" on the discussion panel obviously don't share the views of real anglers.Every single person i have spoken to about this is 100% opposed to both measures being implemented.So if the meetings participants are in favour of Licences and Limits,who the hell are they? as its perfectly clear they are not anglers.Also on the point of the Draft Response either being lost or not viewed,it all stinks and if they think anglers are going to let this happen quietly and lie down on their backs....NOT A CHANCE!!!!!

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=72553&st=20

Some interesting points being made at this link.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=72553&st=20

3. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

defra should bring it in that no trawlers within 10 miles of the shore before the cod and bass stocks are wiped out and if they come in closer than 10 miles they should take there boats off them

4. Acko

Acko Rockling

I just looked at the discussion on anglersnet I read it through in its entirety.
    The words Brick wall and headbanging come to mind?
    I think that is the RSA Strategy. Confuse everybody to a point of despair Then they will implement what ever measures they HAVE ALREADY DECIDED. Simply to take advantage of the untapped resource of Anglers pockets.
    I firmly believe it is only another money spinning scheme. Similar to all the things been put on motorists over the years. (Motorists payed road tax to make the roads less bumpy Now their money is being used to put bumps in the road which damage their cars) Its lunacy and Anglers are the next people to be Milked and even criminalised in the process.
    We are the largest recreational group in the Country. That is the reason we are being targetted.
    Millions of us. Therefore Millions of pounds to be extorted from us.
    All these apparent do gooders and so called representatives are just a smoke screen to disguise whats really happening.
    The whole RSA is a smokescreen to divert attention away from what they intend to do to Anglers.
    MILK US for as much money as they can.

5. Stu

Stu New Member

So if sea angler doesnt seem interested why dont we all stop buying it let them see how they like that

6. gwyn

gwyn Blenny

What about putting our resonses on Tony Blairs website, the one where over a million people registered againgst road charges, it may be a way to stop defra from bringing in the RSA Strategy until we get our point across.

7. stuartmac

stuartmac New Member

Hi Glen

I hope you have more success with writing to the local clubs than I did when we followed on from your initial publication of the Strategy. Not one response and we finds someone now asking why there is not any action. I spoke to Bob Cox after his article on the Golden mile came out in the last issue of TFS and he was very elnlightening. I thought the suggestion in the article was sound but then I read up on the Common Fisheries Policy and its dead before it even gets off the ground. I also challenged TFS to put their money where their mouth was I had hoped they would have held a referendum similar to the bass MLS that they ran but alas no response their either. As all our contributions to this subject agree we in the North are being side lined so the suggestion from Gwyn about the TB web site is worth a try. As you had the draft of our dissenting comments could you put the main points into a summary that will be the subject of the petition. If we can get it off the ground perhaps the Sea angling media will come on side. Owt's worth a try.

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i looked at all of it and still say the same thing, they can change the rules, unfortunately that will devastate our club and open matches, but i enjoy my pleasure fishing a whole lot more than any match, who is gonna go down the ropes at boulby to make sure you are only bagging 2 cod.
    i know this sounds wrong on my part, but if they restrict me, I, like all the greedy trawler's will take my BLACKFISH home.
    on another note, say we have a realy big open comp, say easington open, 500 plus anglers, 150 anglers have exceptional catches wich exceed the bag limits, you could say make every match HSF, but like whiting fishing in persiut of the big one you kill loads of good size codling, that you have to put back because of some new bullshit rule.
    how could we go on holding matches with such limits.
    we all know that every year we as anglers take a lot of fish from the sea, but we also know the amount of damage we cause to the fish stocks is absolutely nil compared to the non stop rape of the sea bed caused by commercials.
    excuse my spelling for i am a mere welder by trade, and dont write much(our lass is in bed, nobody to keep me right).

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Doesn't matter if your a welder or a barrister Paul what matters is your an angler and for as long as I can remember you have been out there fishing (how many hours have we spent together on those cliffs at Sandsend over the years ??).Your entitled to have your say as much as any other angler around here and know more about what makes this region tick than some beurocrat in a suite down in London.

I'm concerned for matches but we could go to hsf and just discard the small ones, and then I think about people like Paul having just invested thousands in his boat, these muppets could put him out of business overnight.