1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North East Kayak Fishing Championships - June 29th And 30th

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by 01kayak, Feb 11, 2013.

1. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Read Lots Of Great Kayak Fishing Articles Here

The North East Marine Division of the Angling Trust are holding the first North East Kayak Angling Championships on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th June 2013.

Fishing times on both days are 10 am to 3 pm with weigh in between 3 pm to 4.30 pm.

Registration and weigh in is at the Fort House Education Resource Centre, Links Road, South Beach, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 3PQ.

Entry is £10 all classes.

Competitors must register at Fort House. This is a Heaviest Single Fish Competition and there will be a good prize list each day.

The heaviest single fish taken each day will win sat a Typhoon Angler Kayak, donated by Moonfleet Angling, Felling.

sun a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 donated by North East Kayaks and Padlles Amble

Competitors can launch and fish from the Boat House, Whitley Bay, Blyth Beach and Church Point, Newbiggin.

No competitor will be allowed to launch until after the safety talk at 9.30 am each day at the three launch points. All kayaks will be inspected for safety equipment before launching and any not deemed to be properly equipped will be refused entry to the competition.

Any competitor not having ship-to-shore radio will be asked to “buddy up” with someone who has. Safety boats will be in attendance throughout the two days.

The R.N.L.I. will be carrying out free safety checks on life jackets and bouyancy aids. Competitors may use two rods – one for artificials, i.e. shads etc. and the other for bait fishing limited to THREE hooks.

NO CART TO BE USED

Free camping and caravan facilities can be booked by contacting the Coastal Warden, Arthur Cranson on 01670-797323 or email arthur.cranson@northumberland.gov.uk. Showers and toilets will be available on site. There is also a fish-and-chip shop and restaurant next to the regisistration point.

Trade stands will be on site, which should bring added interest from the general public. Moonfleet Angling, Felling (0191-4381555) will have items of fishing tackle on sale and also a selection of their boats. The Kayak fishing Shack, Hornsea (01964-562203) will also have a stand with kayaks and equipment available. North East Kayaks & Paddles, Amble (01665-714039) will have a large selection of kayaks and equipment and will also have some of their instructors and demonstration kayaks available for anyone wishing to try these craft out.

There is plenty of free parking at the registration point, with easy access to the beaches. There is a charge for parking at Whitley Bay. For anyone who is camping and caravanning, there will be free Bar-B-Ques available for you to use.

For further details, please contact Sam Harris on 0191-5184561, email samharris01@aol.com or Peter Mantle on 0191-4887421

Read more: http://eastcoastkayakangler.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=886#ixzz2KcEdmgtk

This has been arranged so it is two weeks after the runswick comp and will give people the chance to fish both
    here is one of the marks that you can fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOAl8fxKNQo

hope to see a few of you traveling up

thanks jeff

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Re: N E KAYAK FISHING CHAMPIONSHIPS 29/30 JUNE

Hope to be there for this one Jeff, looks to be a good weekend :yes: Never fished up there before so be interesting to fish somewhere new.

3. pro angler

pro angler Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just hope the weather gods play ball.

4. 01kayak

just been injormed by sam harris that NORTH EAST KAYAKS AND PADDLES have donated a
    Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
    so now you can win a kayak each day
    jeff

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

great news Jeff, should be a great weekend, I hope to be there :yes:

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sounds good mate, can you please keep us all informed via this topic and Ill make sure I link to it from various places across the site.

All the best - Glenn

7. 01kayak

hope to see you up here matty
    will update you glen

8. Rubby Dubby

Rubby Dubby Blenny

sounds good jeff,lets hope its well supported,gonna need a bigger shed for all these kayaks i could win :canadian: :canadian:

9. 01kayak

i think there is plenty lads that want to fish this area so i think i few wil be travelling up especially with all the prizes we will be getting for you lads :laugh:
    heres anouther prize thats been donated today

]ishthefish anth from SEAVIEW FISHERIES [wet fish shop]
    12 Union Quay North Shields, Tyne and Wear NE30 1HJ
    0191 296 2926

have donated 2 x£30 VOUCHERS to spend in the shop one for each day what a great prize
    i know what i will get if i get one of these vouchers

[​IMG]

10. 01kayak

a couple more of the prizes donated by the kayak fishing shack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 01kayak

heres a few more prizes :yes: :yes:

Fladen have sent a couple of 7ft. 6ins. carbon boat rods and two rod holders. Vass have given a waterproof jacket valued at £60 and there are promises of more prizes to come.

12. 01kayak

even more prizes from the kayak fishing shack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. bigcod31

bigcod31 Peter Mcfarlane kaskazi dorado

Kayaks as 1st prize on both days! Should be a good one

14. 01kayak

if your wanting to book your camping here is the details

Free camping and caravan facilities can be booked by contacting the Coastal Warden, Arthur Cranson on 01670-797323 or email arthur.cranson@northumberland.gov.uk. Showers and toilets will be available on site

only book up if you will be coming as there should be plenty space for late bookings thanks jeff

15. 01kayak

well runswick is over is anyone going to come further up north

plenty prizes and the chance to go home with two kayaks

stole one of the black shads from runswick and sent my mate out today at the can whitley bay one of the comp venues
    and look what he got in a couple of hours

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

biggest 9lb 14

over 100 prizes over the two days

hope to see some of you lads up here jeff

16. bigcod31

bigcod31 Peter Mcfarlane kaskazi dorado

Looking forward to this Jeff. Some great prizes to be had and all the marks are throwing up plenty fish

17. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looks interesting, good prizes and free camping with the chance of a few nice cod.

Really tempted as a chance to redeem the poor catch at Runswick, will keep an eye on the weather and may well be turning up to this one, looks like a great match

18. 01kayak

just seen on aa barney had a cod 12lb plus on one of the comp venues
    so its looking good

19. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Gutted I won't be able to make this one, I got to work. Had time off for runswick, looks like it will be a good one

20. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its going to be as bit of a grueller really as I'll knock off work on the friday around 6, head up to redcar for the night then out to Blyth for the match at around half 6 on the sat morning, yak all weekend then back to work monday morning.

Still really looking forward to it though, looks like a brilliant location and the reports around the web on Blyth/Whitley bay show some monstrous fish.

Ive booked my camping spot and it looks like the sites right on the beach, cant go wrong for free either