1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North East Anglers Who Lost Their Lives

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Glenn Kilpatrick, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Hi Guys, this is quite an upsetting request to have to make, but Im wanting to write an article for this website about North East Anglers who lost their lives in persuit of the sport they loved.

The reason ?? im not too sure, but I would like to record what happens on the coast and hopefully it could just spur a few people on to be extra safe and aware of the dangerous whilst out there on a night.

Could people please share what they know ?? Any articles, links to forums, websites etc would be really really appreciated.

2. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Stewart Simpson, washed off the South Gare.
    Cheers Col.

3. Glenn Kilpatrick

Cheers Col, I know its a very sad request and it wont be the most amazing thing to write about. But do we have any links to stories in the Gazette etc ?

4. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

5. andyo123

andyo123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

6. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Jimmy Maidens. Fishing Boat at Saltburn overturned. There is a Memorial Match for him every year, proceeds I believe go to the RNLI

7. bigcod31

bigcod31 Peter Mcfarlane kaskazi dorado

8. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nelson Kirk? told he had heart attack on redcar scars whilst fishing.

perhaps big cliff /alan may be able to confirm.

also july 1986, long missed lesso, bimbos younger brother Ritchie noble?

boat overturned in squall when laden with pots,

I think that foo posted an article from gazette about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Yes Nelson Kirk did die from a massive heart attack at the end of the east scar Redcar. Paul Short helped to carry him off I think.
    Cheers Col.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

Jeff Nixon died when Newbiggin Cliffs collapsed

11. WetLine

WetLine Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

12. sideswipe

sideswipe Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Father and son front Doncaster March 93 lost of back of filey brigg.father body was found a day later at end of brigg.son body was found 6 or 7 weeks later washed up on filey beach

13. sideswipe

sideswipe Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Scarborough lad Vincent Smith found in Jacksons bay with head injury.believe to that slip on rocks after digging bait 04/05ish

14. Glenn Kilpatrick