1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

north again!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by SAGE, Nov 21, 2016.

1. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

well sunday night saw another trip north near craster, hoping to catch fish after two blanks, it was an ebbing tide under darkness and a deep water rock mark, there was a small swell but it lacked in colour

with sean ( bow 1 ) to keep me company we arrived about 1:1/2 before slack water and were soon in the water, we tried various combinations of bait..the usual mixes of crab, mussel, razor, cart and runnydown..

no fish came till after slack water...sean was the first to connect with a nice fresh run 3 1/2 lber... then another not long after.... twins i think they were....i was still blanking again...

but a change of trace baited with cart and 3 nice fat runnydown resulted in the tell tale tap tap tap... lifting the rod into the bite resulted in a nice hook up and from the depths came a small mop maybe just over the lb mark ... it was easily swung up the 1oft rock ledge we were fishing from... blank saved and another one for the cod challange...

a long single hook pulley rig with a rottom bottom was the trace i used and the bait was cart and worm..
    thats me on 10 now

seans fish also took the same if i remember right... it seemed that runnydown was the bait they wanted..
    it was the same as last week from the same mark, when the third musketeer of a gang ..Alan had 3 good fish for about 19lb all preferring a cocktail with worm as the common denominator..

• Like Like x 2
  2. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good report, well done on 10 so far.
    Out tommow night till daft oclock so my 8 may be increasing...

3. SAGE

good luck and lets hope the weather gives a bit, and stay safe

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done and nice report

5. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

Could somebody let me know what Alan's full name is for my North East angling reports, certainly some nice fish up here but they are just in pockets, Newbiggin saw fish to 12lb at weekend

6. bow1

bow1 Rockling

It's alan Greathead.....he's not on forum he can't get registered tried many times over the years....!!!

7. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

cheers

8. SAGE

think he posted pics on the locker