1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOEL COOKE 58LB BRITISH COD RECORD HOLDER STILL HAS HIS MOJO

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Aug 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Noel Cooke the 58lb british cod record holder isnt a young lad anymore but let me tell you he can still fish noel holds the british cod record of 58lb and has for over 20 years and probably will never never get beat .

Noal has fished with me on Sea-Otter 2 for a few years now and comes with a couple of other lads they allways book the boat for 2 days usually in june this year unfortunatly they got cancelled and there rearange 2 days fishing was set for saturday and sunday just gone .

Noel as usuall allways seems to catch the big ones its a standing joke saturday was no exception the lads were banging out some real quality fish on shads the boxes were filling fast then noels rod lurched right over bloody hell i said not another monster .

I know he is getting on now but by the lurch over with his rod i thought hey this looks like a top 20ss fish noel was struggleing i waited for the fish to surface and when it came up i couldnt belive it a cod just over 15lb with the shad stuck right in the middle of its back no wonder the man was struggleing and the fish was going mad as well.

Here is noels 15lber you can see the mark where the fish was hooked in back with the shad.

[​IMG]

Not long after that he got another lovelly fish another double he is a bit of a lad.

[​IMG]

The lads were getting loads of fish between 4-7lb mark then one of the other lads gets a nice double on the shad.

[​IMG]

The lads have allready booked there 2 days fishing on Sea-Otter 2 for next year there 2 days fishing will see them with plenty of cod fillets in the freezer till next next year.

Cheers paul.

2. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some cracking looking fish there Paul,and just to think people think you have to travel to the horizon to get big fish.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Paul it's been very good in deed the last few weeks numerous double figure cod it's been superb I will post a full report later.

Here is a nice double from one of many of late .

Attached Files:

4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

lovely pics there lads