1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Repair For Whitby Piers - They Will Be Knocked Down - A sad day for Whitby

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jacfodder

jacfodder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Glenn
    Can you explain how scarboro controls what happens in Whitby. Its 12 miles away and should be non of their business. don't you have your own council? Also if the piers are 300 years old can't you get some sort of preservation order for them. And to take the stones and use them for scarboro harbour is a bloody cheek.

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

read the thread jac, it was an april fools joke

3. pig hunter

pig hunter Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

bad news ,on a day out with the family i go 2 whitby ,scarborough just hasn`t got it .not been there 4 at least 5 years.

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Soon Whitby will be ruined. They want to build everywhere, new supermarkets and such like. SBC need to realise that people come to Whitby because it is beautiful and unspoilt. People dont come here to go to supermarkets.

5. pig hunter

carn,t buy cart from co op.

6. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

[​IMG]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :pray: :pray: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. d.say

d.say Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i agree with everyone of the posts i have just read -this is the first i have heard of it -this cannot be allowed to happen ,the piers are part of whitbys heritage - lottory money should be made available for something as important as this -where is the petition -i will sign it

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Re: No Repair For Whitby Piers - They Will Be Knocked Down - A sad day for Whit

:clown: :clown: :clown:

9. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

10. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

thats the reason why you should always read things propperly before you post... was a joke hmmmmmmm fu@#ers!! :laugh:

one point though.... anyone know where the windfarm is gonna go? might be a rumour but i wouldnt trust sbc as far as i could throw em and i wouldnt put anything past that bunch of muppets!!

11. jacfodder

jacfodder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

very funny whats glens car reg, guna let his tyres down :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

you can from Glen :whistle:

13. bucko

bucko New Member

Aye, and its crustacean based dynamite!

14. pig hunter

quickset concrete ,3 bags 4 £5 repair piers yerself :nerd:

15. Baramundi Bob

I heard the windfarm was going on the Abbey plain next door to Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys.

16. pig hunter

or next to the curry house :butt:

17. IanB

IanB Blenny

I cant believe this is still going, I've just seen it on the WSF Forum as well.

SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPEC-SAVERS YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN IT WAS A JOKE :laugh: :laugh: :

18. Baramundi Bob

Its good its still going. Although it is a joke it still keeps the council aware that we care about the piers and need them restoring in a sensible way allowing us to keep using the piers as we always have done.

19. lochbois

lochbois Guest

We must be a soft touch here in the North -East we have that East Pier shut in Whitby. We have the Teesbarrage slaughtering our migratory fish still.
    We have the Steel River famous for its bridges and the north eastbridge builders fame.
    Corus is closeing putting thousands out of work and on benefits.
    All we seem to get is sculptures like the bottle,the angel of the north, footbridges over the Tees for students to walk over when their is three other bridges in the area.
    They say work is to start soon on the White Water Course which was to start in May.
    Another year of dead salmon,sea-trout,ells, flatfish, we have got to keep these people aware that we pay for these fish and their wages through our licence fees.
    I was asked the other day by a member of the public when am i going to write to the Evening Gazette about the impassable Teesbarrage.
    I said why dont you write a letter if you are really concerned.
    He couldnt answer.
    2010 will hopefully see some progress but more anglers have got to make their voice heard or we will lose the lot.PB