1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Repair For Whitby Piers - They Will Be Knocked Down - A sad day for Whitby

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. martin

martin New Member

Just been on the phone with Radio York newsroom for about an hour discussing this topic. They have recorded the interview I gave and hopefully they are going to do a news item on it. They think its a disgrace. Also they will be getting in touch with Glen and Paul asking for their comments on the issue, so if anyone would like to throw their ten pence worth in just contact the newsroom at Radio York.

2. Andy1rod

Andy1rod New Member

Article 47 and now this!! What next?? :angry: S.B.C. should hang thier heads in shame. The piers are what make Whitby a damn good tourist attraction.
    Tell S.B.C. to shove it!!

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Re: A very sad day for Whitby

what they doin to the scarborugh pier???

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i will chain myself on the last rail, fishing rods in hand

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

you sneaky b*gger :laugh:

6. bucko

bucko New Member

I thought it was a joke- but also thought it was a great way to highlight the plight of the East Pier and a good way of getting folk to reveal their true feelings on the matter and those involved- which all did and quite candidly at that.

7. woody

woody New Member

jesus christ not been online for a while this is appocoliptic !!!!!

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Matty twigged it quite early as did a few other, but then there was people like Killer who phoned the gazette office to get a campaign started. Then later denied he ever believed it was true despite the fact he was swearing down the phone for 30 minutes about how the the town would be wiped out. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

it was great fun watching the responses on here!

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Re: No Repair For Whitby Piers - They Will Be Knocked Down - A sad day for Whit

Must admit I feel for it in the morning but as soon as you mentioned the BBC had contacted you I knew it was a wind up (plus Matty told me!). All credit to you though Glenn, you put the time and effort into that April fool so well done (ya b#gger!) :cheesy:

11. Baramundi Bob

I didnt actually write it though. I had the idea about 6 weeks back and got someone else to write it. The person is a member of the site and very good at writing and Im very grateful to them for doing it. I dont know if Paul was winding me up but he reckons the Harbour office got onto him being a little ar$ey about it and asking for it to be taken off saying their legal department was onto it. If they did that it would just bring more negative publicity onto them.

12. Baramundi Bob

It was quite funny watching how far the word got. There was quite a few chat forums running a topic on it yesterday, including Whitby goths, a photography forum and even Middlesborough FC fans site (MIght be playing them next year :surprise:) where the one and only Ravenolleli made a comment :cheesy:.

13. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

urmmm bugger

14. bassman

bassman Administrator

Sad news to hear that the piers are to be demolished, as both my grandparents came from Whitby i started my fishing adventures on the piers with my grandad some 50 odd years ago. But Whitbys lose seems to be Scarboroughs gain as always, the piers are part of Whitbys heritage and should be repaired not demolished, as anyone from English Heritage had any thing to say on the matter if not why.

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

:laugh: :laugh:......

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Whitby Pier's not getting knocked down...a sad day for Scarborough. Suppose we will have to make do without our pier extension :cheesy: and without the statue of Jacconelli carved from one of the stones, naughty BB :evil:

17. woody

woody New Member

ha ha !!!!

18. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i was fishing on there last nyt there was 3 ov us me my mate karl n lee lee got 2 codling not big enought 2 bring home n karl got a small codling but its a land mark surely theres sumething we can do to stop it

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Read the post god....lol.....look when it first went up (date !)

20. hughiep

hughiep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Lets hope this joke doesnt give SBC any ideas !!!!!!