1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Repair For Whitby Piers - They Will Be Knocked Down - A sad day for Whitby

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PhilEllis

PhilEllis Blenny

Re: A very sad day for Whitby

I hope they do! Appauling if the above is true - an absoloubt disgrace!

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

It may be a good idea to inform the middlesbrough evening gazette as well glen it has a very wide circulation,and evryone from our regieon has a love for whitby it is still the premier resort to a lot of people further north from whitby :yes:

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Surely the piers are an ancient monument,or a listed building (technicly) ,there is a whitby in canada as well i think it may be twinned whith our whitby ,maybee they could also be informed of the situation ,it would be fantastic to get global support on this matter ,and realy put the wind up scarbrough bl***y council ,what will they do next knock down whitby abbey to rebuild scarbrough bl***y castle the prats :angry:

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well you just have to look at sea frount at scarough to see how much the council give a dam,

5. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

tipical scarborough coucil the theiving t**ts

surely they cant go through with it

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

there could be coming soon a facebook pagef or save the the whitby piers

7. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

I was just telling my young nephew the other week I would take him mackeral fishing there, typical this, Article 47 now this, I give up

8. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Terrible news :no:

I wonder how many people over the years have wet their first line on those piers and got hooked from then on.

9. CBass

CBass New Member

This is all like some sort of joke :whistle:

10. rizla

rizla Blenny

surely a joke! the link is-gov and not .gov

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

CBass, I'm sure Glenn & Killer won't be laughing when they appear on the BBC news :whistle: :cheesy:

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sorry guys, it was all an April fools joke

http://www.scarborough-gov.co.uk/whitby-piers-demolition-press-release.htm

:laugh: :laugh:

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Shocking that like....

14. Tight lines

Tight lines New Member

It's time we got out of SBC, for the good it's done Whitby over the years!!!!

15. Barnsley Chop

Barnsley Chop New Member

Scarborough Council Must really have it in for Whitby people. I get the gazette delivered by post and recently it has been take take take. It appears they run a business at the towns expense rather than a service in the towns favour which is what a council should do. I read last week that they are charging pensioners to park cars when they go for a weekly swim at your local baths. Using global warming as an excuse to knock down the piers. If it were in Barnsley there would be hell to pay. You Whitby lot need to stand up to the Scarborough Councillors and tell them enough is enough.

16. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

They do the same with filey feck all, Whitby should be run by whitby and the same with filey sod S B C, they will be pulling down the peirs to save on cash for there second homes

17. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

or dirty films? LMAO

18. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

This is typical of a borough council, they don`t work for anything other than the borough town.

Glenn, Has there been any mention of how much restoration would cost or is it a case of they don`t even want to consider it.

19. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I think were talking mega bucks. More than Jackonelli made from ice cream sales that's for definite.

20. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I don't think they're interested really but the cost of repairing /extending Scarborough pier is millions but it should be brilliant when it's finished.