1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Repair For Whitby Piers - They Will Be Knocked Down - A sad day for Whitby

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-east-fishing-news/whitby-piers-to-be-demolished

Please read and spread the word as far as possible. We need to get this nipped in the bud asap.

I received this SBC press release from local councillor Rob Broadley. Its very sad news for the people of Whitby and anglers from right across the country. If the information is right we will loose 2 of our favourite fishing venues within the next 18 months.

2. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

Re: A very sad day for Whitby

I was convinced that this would be an April Fool joke. Apparently not :suspious:

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

thats really pants what they thinking

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:sad: I heard rumours about this a while ago and now it sounds like it,s confirmed. The neglect of the piers has proven costly eventually but it,s a real bonus for Scarborough who have had the wisdom to spend millions recently to protect their coastline.

5. Baramundi Bob

Its beyond comprehension Ray. I'm speechless. We will need to get some form of petition going.

6. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

I never imagined global warming would have an impact on Whitby as the sea levels rise. I wonder what else will be affected?

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ye its right, its mentioned in the early edition of the Hull Daily Mail, not good :sad:

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Sad news, shame that they seem to be happy to demolish the Whitby piers and use the stone to help keep Scarborough piers! Whitby's lose but Scarborough's gain :sad: Understandable but doesn't seem right.

I understand councils/government can't throw money at certain projects but they seem quite happy to spend a fortune making cities nice and shiny (polished turd springs to mind) with expensive modern art slapped all over :angry: Seems wrong to loose our history because no one wants to spend any money.

9. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

sad state of affairs if it is true :no: :sad:

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

absolutely disgusting!

sad , sad day for whitby. and the cheek of scarborough getting the spare rock!!

11. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

It must be the same Tw#t who idea to put loads of trafic lights going into scarborough what a Knob :angry:,
    End of the day scarborough scarborough as long as there ok fooooooook every one else, get a petition going ill sign it love fishing on those peirs

12. bucko

bucko New Member

Hmmm- this reeks of political spite and is a real kick in the teeth for the town.

Time for English Heritage to step up and do their job I reckon.

13. pmac

pmac Blenny

whats the date today !!!

14. Baramundi Bob

I would like to think it was a joke mate, but its not. The BBC have just been on the phone and are doing something for the north east news this evening.

15. Rapin

Rapin New Member

Sad news indeed, one of Whitby heritage is to be disappearing.

16. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

You must be doing well as the BBC's North East correspondent Glenn? :cheesy:

17. Baramundi Bob

They wanted me to go on the TV Sam but Im just so nervous in front of the Camera. Ive spoke to Killer and he has agreed to go on the News. It will be Broadcast on the beeb either this evening or tomorrow evening. The gazette are running the story on Friday as Paul has just done an interview with them too.

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Ive told i want paying well as its a very important story the fee has doubled on this one.

paul.

19. PhilEllis

PhilEllis Blenny

The piers are a national landmark and of the umpost importance to Whitby and the sorrounding communities in terms of tourism etc. My Grandad was from Whitby and his family before him - the thought of this happening would have them all turning in their graves. I bet if London Bridge was crumbling away theyd soon have that repaired or rebuilt to the previous specification. It just about sums this government up for me - a complete pile of sh*t. Someone want to shoot the fu****g lot of them and start again!

20. Baramundi Bob

My sentiments entirely Phil. I hope they read this and see what you think of them.