1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Fishing My Ar$e - The Bass Club 2 Hit the Rock Top

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Myself and Damo decided on the 4th launch in successive nights, tonight's destination was The Rock Top at Whitby, launching at Whithall Landings.

We pulled the kayaks past the no fishing or swimming sign (Thank god it said no Kayaking or we would have been £ucked). 20 minutes later we were out at the bellbouy and fishing a patch of rough ground on the rock top.

Allthough the fishing was not amazing we certainly managed a few fish between us with some decent cod and pollack making an appearance.

Highlight of the night had to be the amazing sunset and the paddle back into the harbour right on dusk. As usual we stopped at the pub for a quick Shandy before heading home and filleting our catch.

Here are a few photographs from our nights outing, I hope you enjoy them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Markj

Markj Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report and pictures Glenn,thats a class photo just coming back into the harbour. nice one. Any mackerel showing yet near the bell bouy?

3. robq

robq Rockling

some stunning pics there Glenn :yes:

Looks like the summer cod are here to stay for a bit !!

4. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I seen you paddling out mate i was out at bell bouy i launched of ravine had a go in upgang had a couple of coalie then went out ended up with 2 cod and a bleg not brilliant fishing but the evening was fantastic a pleasure to be out

5. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nice report mate, some cracking pics there as well. Can't wait to get out again, just gotta get a wedding out the way this weekend then I'm free right up till Skye

6. West Cliff Miff

West Cliff Miff Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Glenn.

Conditions looked absolutely perfect last night and I wondered if you guys were out somewhere.

Tremendous shots, as ever.

7. Excellent Photos

But am a bit confused....last time I checked Whitby is on the East Coast and the sun sets in the NW at this time of year

How are you getting Sunset Photos over the sea ??

:confused: :confused:

Cheers

U

8. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Because if you look out to sea from whitby you are looking more or less north thats why whitby has an east and west side of town and i beleve it is one of the only places you can see the sun rise and set over the sea

9. andym

andym Rockling

Nice pics as usual and some good fish nice one

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice report and pics Glenn. We had a go from redcar but it was over slack water and we only managed a few undersize codling

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Brilliant photos and story you rebellious lot :cheesy:

Ken

12. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great stuff and stunning pictures. The fishing is at last kicking into summer mode thankfully, it's been a terribly long time coming.

13. Baramundi Bob

I thought slack would effect us last night but it was very strange. Slack water last twenty mins before we were drifting again at. Perfect speed
    O0

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

14. Baramundi Bob

I thought slack would effect us last night but it was very strange. Slack water last twenty mins before we were drifting again at. Perfect speed
    O0

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

15. Baramundi Bob

Whitby is very unique in many ways. One of only 2 places on the east coast where the sun rises and sets in the sea. As stephen says, Whitby faces due north and we have east and west facing coastline, hence we have a west pier and an east pier, so in mid summer we have the sun rise and set in the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Here you go U equinox explained

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/AO/sunrise.html

Awesome photos Glenn, we are truly very lucky to live in such beautiful surroundings. At this time of year and with those weather conditions I don't personally think there is anywhere I would rather be in the world.

17. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We had a go from redcar

look at the pic of the Marine,

I think you have a dupleganger spying on the Whitby lads.

18. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

some quality photos again glenn ,love the one under the 'no fishing sign' i can see that one going viral lol

19. Baramundi Bob

No mackerel yet mate. i reckon 2 weeks or more yet.

20. Baramundi Bob

I saw you out to Norward, were you in the Norwegian Sector ?