1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No bass today

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by harrythecod, Jul 4, 2009.

1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Hi all ,got a call this morning from my mate garry,do you fancy a run out to &*^$""++* yes i siad , like ashot i was in my gear and on my way all in the space of ten min,s :yes: so plug,s paked and gear in the car i set off to meet up at &*^$""++* the sun was shining and a light southerly breeze was blowing ,we both got there at the same time and got sorted ,it looked absolutely perfect ,i was sure we would be into the bass first couple of cast,s :yes: but to no avail, :cry: we moved around our chosen mark at &*^$""++* and covered the area with all manner of plug,s the bass wer not playing today :sad: ,but we had a good chinwag about past times and futer thing,s and that was it we did get a nice tan top up though :cool: so back to the car a little tired and home for tea ,garry had plan,s to go again tonight but by the time i got home i had second thought,s tight lines all :cool:

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Unlucky harry , i would of joined you but ive been feeling a little worse for ware ...i spoken to gary who mentioned it was almost to nice for a bass today , more like a snorkelling day .......Im sure them schoolies will start showing soon . Thats if they havent been taken by the c.unts who are netting around that area....... :angry:

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

yes dav he siad he had seen one not long back at that mark :suspious: but we had a bit of fun anyway Dav ,hope you feeling better for next week mate , :cool:

4. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Same here harry went out early this morning looked spot on but no joy again.been to the same spot morning ,night,high water,low water really made a big effort but no bass yet,this is somewhere i no people get bass and was thinking i would get one there and then try some new places that i think hold bass once i had some confidence.Never mind will keep trying sure i will get one soon. :happy:

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

good effort any way harry. you will have better luck next

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Changed venue after 5 hours with out a sniff of a bass, determined not to be beaten and go home fishless, had my most succesful session to date taking 18 bass upto 3lb 14oz, i was over the moon.. :yes: :yes:

Met up with forum member brocky, who was in search of his first plug caught bass, and hooked into one but unfortunately lost it.. :sad: :sad: It was really nice meeting you mate, and i am sure it won't be to long before you are getting your fair share of the action too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tightlines.

7. piere

piere New Member

Glad to hear you broke your record Gary . I didnt think it was going to happen when you said " one to go. " I stayed another hour after you left and caught one for a total of 8.

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done ,mate you deserve it after our fruitless effort earlier in the day , i may have a look down tonight if i am up to it :yes: cracking photo,s tight line,s Harry :cool:

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Did you take them stones with you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. Maxie

Maxie New Member

18 Bass :scare: thats top angling that garry,bet you were over the moon.
    Its been a bit slow over here but there was some good fish out in a comp yesterday biggest 5lb 14oz another of 5lb 4oz and a fair few smaller fish.The organiser reckoned he lost a very big fish,it must have been a good un as he was soaked from head to toe when he went in after it :hurt: what a mark that would be for plugging we fished yesterday,clear water in an estuary mouth,fish close in and plenty of them,shame its only accessible by 4wd.

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Only 18 eh Gary, you must be losing your touch :whistle: You must be the inspiration of many a bass angler on here, well done.

12. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done gary

13. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

Good news travels fast , i wonder if that happened to be the same venue i was at tonight with over 20 other Bass chasing anglers fishing under a rainbow .. wink wink !!!

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Defo loosing ure touch gaz if you only had 18 ..... :laugh: :laugh:.....well done. :happy:

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yea deffo losing my touch like, lost 3 thats just not right, i will have to put a stop to that.. :yes: and i noticed that i popped a few bladerwrack on the way to the spot so i knew then it was a bad omen... :scared: :laugh: :laugh:

No really you can only catch whats there at the time and i was lucky to have a good shoal in front of me..

Went again last night and managed 3, but the best part of it was helping and watching a young forum member (brocky) catch his very first bass, after losing one the night before.... :cool: :cool: and also Kieth (speno) catch 2 after putting in a lot of effort lately it finally paid off for them, well done lads... :cool: :cool:

Tightlines

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done garry I bet they started just after me and Alan left :cry: and well done to brocky keep it up lad :yes: ,my phone got water logged last night garry ,thats two phone,s done in over the weekend :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: due to sea water egress, :whistle: i will pm you my new number later or call the land line , :cool:

17. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

what a day you had. :yes: well done mate