1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Night Uptiding Trip 6/2/14 - Mistress

Discussion in 'Charter Boats & Tackle Shops.' started by Fishy Rich, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Finally we got a break in the weather to get out and have a crack at the Uptiding at night.

The conditions werent the best with dropping tides and water clarity alot clearer than we thought it would be.
    and drizzle all night!

sailing at 5pm and returning at 10pm gave us most of the flood tide to work with.

We took fish at every place we stopped but not in the numbers expected.
    All in all it was an enjoyable evening doing something a little different, everyone caught fish to take home, the more experienced lads taking more than others.

we finished up with 23 Codlings, a whiting and a strap ling (which was instructed to come back when in double figures!)

within minutes of settling into anchor Stickman Keith is into the 1st fish of the evening
    [​IMG]

A nice codling of around 4lb
    [​IMG]

Deano was into fish and finished with 5 for the eveing
    [​IMG]

Faron got the best fish at 6lb 8oz (faron says 6lb 11oz)
    [​IMG]

Young Jonathon managed his first ever cod, well done mate
    [​IMG]

cheers

Rich

2. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one Rich :) lets hope it catches on.

3. Mark

Mark Blenny

Well done rich, great effort. What's the possibility of doing an all nighter ?

Cheers Mark.

4. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Was a damp but enjoyable evening, cheers rich

5. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

It was fun!

Fish first cast as soon as the bait settled - I thought we were in for a bonanza! I didn't get another for about three hours - but that's fishing for you!

I think the small tide might have played against us a bit but it was good to be on the first evening session - I'm all for experimenting!

Thanks again Rich ;)

6. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

Sounds fun ! well done all , how long are you out for Rich ?

7. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

I can put a trip together to suit individuals requirements. as for an all nighter, if you get a full party i'll do it, 8 max, and night fishing experience is a must, uptiding experience would be better too,
    being dark it makes it a bit more dangerous and you need to be fully aware of what is going on around you, safety comes first and can be often overlooked.

8. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

Yeah of course, safety is paramount. Fair bit of night time fishing experience , just dont catch f all lol ;D ! infact the only time ive caught a fish is uptiding :eek: will give you a shout in the not too distant future , far easier to get out on a night than through the day :)

9. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

I have to say, I was a little bit dubious when the subject of night time uptiding was mentioned on here, regarding the safety aspect. As it was, with eight fishing it was ok - not at all like fishing with a full boat as I've done before. I think people are perhaps more safety conscious in the dark - I know it was on my mind all the time last night anyway.

I said to Rich that it could be a way for "busy" people, who can't get away during the day, to have a go at uptiding - it suits me better than a full day off work :)

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I think if you go with people who have experience of shore fishing at night its helpful. I wouldnt like to do it with a boat full of novices but 8 experienced anglers its no problem at all.

11. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Live bait on the wrecks at night this summer rich shhhhhh