1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcastle To Norway Ferry - Get It Reinstated

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Spawney-Dave, Dec 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. TrevR

TrevR Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Guys, Great forum!

I found your forum on google and wanted to thank you all for supporting the campaign. It's 99% certain that the ferry will not run in 2015 but I'll update you all if there is any change there.

As for 2016, I would say that there is a 90% probability of launch so it's safe to start thinking about how you're going to land that huge nordic cod or your first 400lb halibut :eek:

I meet regularly with Norwegian Seaways on behalf of the campaign and my next meeting is scheduled for Jan 2015. This next meeting could well be the one that preceeds a launch announcement, lets all keep our fingers and toes crossed.

Once again, thanks to everyone here who has completed the short questionnare at ferrytonorway.com and in particular to Spawney-Dave for the topic.

Regards

Trev Roberts

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good work Trevor I wanna organise a trip for my step dads 60th would be great if we could go from Newcastle and not have to travel up to Aberdeen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Going to Aberdeen wont help, theres no Ferry to Norway from there either,

4. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Think it was one of the options on the survey Dave.

5. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I thought there was ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Spawney-Dave

sorry mate I though he was thinking the Aberdeen boat was still running, the other alternative suggestion was Rosyth (Edinburgh) we used the Immingham - Gothenburg which was better than the long drive but to get off a ferry in Bergen with the Sea kayaks & fishing gear would be brilliant

7. TrevR

Yep, just to confirm EFC, Newcastle is a primary port for the Norway ferry, as is Bergen on the other side. That'll put a smile on stepdad's face :)

It seems the other ports are open to offers, i,e, whoever puts up the most dosh ;D

Stavanger is pretty strong though!

8. Spawney-Dave

Thanks for all your hard work on this Trev, much appreciated & I am sure you will be very popular in Bergen if your successful :)

9. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Can you put the petition on NESA. I am sure you will get lots of support.
    Cheers Mick.

10. LOM

LOM Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Done survey. Hope it comes off

11. hoggy

hoggy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

done

12. TrevR

Mick, Tried NESA early this morning ...still waiting for registration confirmation !

::)

13. bow1

bow1 Rockling

done.

14. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

15. young casper

young casper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

it would be nice to see if it happens but this has been going on since 2008 , so one say's they are going to start up then nowt happens, done the survey also, we have done the amsterdam newcastle route the last three years ;)

16. steve c

steve c Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best