1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gleadall474

gleadall474 i want to live by the sea

Just been for a cast with my new toys. Thanks to whitby angling supplies for the great advice and deal the did me. I'm getting the extra yards already. Need to remember my gloves next time with this braid.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. mocksqueek

mocksqueek Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

How do you find the triplex?

3. gleadall474

Only had an hour down on the beach doing some casting but I like it I'm casting further already than I do with the 13ft rod and multiplier. Just need some gloves or something to protect my finger so I can give it a good thump and see what she can really do.

4. mocksqueek

Thanks for the info, I just use a leather glove .

5. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Just use heavy braid leader and make sure clutch is tight I never used a glive

6. idge

idge Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I use a korda neoprene finger stall in large. 5 quid but worth it. Also if you use berkley whiplashsh braid in 65lb you don't need a shock leader. Whiplash is the thinnest on the market by far and the best in my opinion. Expensive but will last a good while.

Enjoy playing with your new toys.

Ian

7. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

"Just use heavy braid leader and make sure clutch is tight I never used a glive"

You must have fingers like boot soles Bow 1, I always seem to slash my index finger when I forget to use a finger stall... I just go to any good market stall and buy a pair of leather gardening gloves, cut off the fingers and make a "handfull" of finger stalls, last for a full season, taking into acount I always seem to lose them.

Roger

8. robq

robq Rockling

There is no way I could do a full pendulum cast without a decent glove, even with a 100lb braid leader which is about as thick as 80lb mono with the agepoch stuff I use !!

I also use the glove for busting out when i'm really snagged !! 8 turns around the glove to make sure it doesn't slip

I like power pro in the 53lb but its just too expensive with the amount I can get through in a bad season !! the agepoch 50lb is really good for heavy ground and the 40lb for mixed ground when distance is more important. for £6 a spool in a nice bright orange or whatever colour you like !! I really rate it and have been using it for over 4 years now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Rob, how do you keep the glove dry when fishing /baiting up ? I know its easy to say just take it off, but even doing that, when I have tried they always seem to get wet eventually , or minging, or both, mostly both, usually earlier than later on a session.I use braid as well, it seems to retain more moisture than mono ever did, not suprising I suppose.

Thats why I always carry several finger stalls ! :confused:

Roger.

10. robq

robq Rockling

Roger, I use the cheap builders gloves with the rubber grippy type coating, but I do take them off and only put them on for casting and busting out.

I usually get a few sessions out of them before they get stinky !! I either chuck them in the washer or get a new one out which isn't too bad as they are only about £1.50 a pair.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gleadall474

I've been looking at these

Attached Files:

12. mocksqueek

13. limpet

limpet Blenny