1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to sea Kayak/Sea Fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by winston1192, May 5, 2014.

1. winston1192

winston1192 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello everyone i have been kayaking for a few years now and finally decided to take up sea fishing which will be out of the kayak and on foot around flamborough head. kayak wise i have a choice to go out in, i have a Dagger Axis Elite which is my preferred choice which i have been using for surfing and playing about in the overflows around flamborough head, then i have a choice of sit-ons a Fatyak Kaafu fishing spec, and a Ocean Kayak Mailbu 2 Xl also all the required gear dry-suit and so on apart from 2 way radio which will be a next purchase. Fishing wise i have never been before so decided to browse the internet and hopefully got my self some ideal gear for the fish im hoping to catch. So im hoping to do a bit of sport fishing for Bass and the gear i have bought is as follows:

Shimano Vengeance AX Sea Bass 210m 7-35g Rod
    Shakespeare Agility 40 Front Drag Reel
    Berkley Nano Fill 0.17 Line
    Sebile Splasher Popper (Mackerel Colours)
    Sebile Slender eel Shallow Diver (Mackerel Colours)
    Rapala Jonted Lure J13 Silver
    Rapala Deep Down Husky Jerk Silver
    Rapala Xrap Glass Ghost
    and a few cheapys from boyes to get the hang of casting

Also kitted out the other half for summer with :
    Rovex Integra Gold 4'3" Kayak rod
    Shakespeare Mach 2 XT Rear Drag 040
    15LB mono line
    Mackerel Feathers

So just looking for some advise really from the pros, i know flamborough can be bad at times in a kayak but i have had hours of experience around the head from thornwick bay to south landing from summer all the way round to winter and have had kayak training as i am part of Scarborough canoe club and can combat roll my boat both sides so really looking for info on the fishing side of things as i am a novice any info would be helpfull

Kind regards Winston

2. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

Still a bit early for bass, but should show soon. Morning or evening in about 10ft of water. If the conditions are right and there on the feed you'll soon get one. I prefer over high water, but some say it doesn't matter.
    May be see you out there. I had a go today but conditions were too rough, so called it a day
    Regards
    John

3. winston1192

winston1192 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just been up there trying but with no luck only on foot tho round thornwick, as waiting for the roof racks for the car to arrive. Give it another try friday evening in the kayak and see if i can find anything in the low tide if the conditions are right
    Could anyone tell me if i am rigging the lure in the correct way i have gone straight from my nanofill to some DELALANDE AGRAFE RAPIDE clips i was recommended using the recommended knot for the line and just attach that to the lures
    Cheers Winston

4. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

20lb braid, with 20lb fluorocarbon leader tied straight on works ok for me