1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW RECORD BASS - SHORE FISHING RECORD BROKEN

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Daz Taylor, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. timbo007

timbo007 New Member

What a fish - hopefully i'll catch one quarter that size next week up at the Mull.

I'll get a real buzz when I catch a 1-2lbs bass, god knows that I would be like catching one like that....!!

3. Baramundi Bob

4. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

looked at this post many times now.but still a jaw dropper looking at the pics.
    doubtful, but still possible a bass that size could be caught from our coast.dare say baits the way to go.but imagine the srcap on a 9ft lure rod!! here's hoping lads!

5. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

6. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yep the king of all fish just got bigger .thats a wonderful specimen . No doubt about it being at least 30 years old . Got' hooked on bass 'back in the 80s ,dr mike ladle (pr offesor of marine biology )did tests on a gill cover of a 7and a half pounder,and found the fish to be around 9 years old ,mint book well worth getting off ebay

7. ollypolly

ollypolly New Member

god that was a intresting read :embarrass:

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

so how old was my 13lb-1oz fish, by his reconing :happy:

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I don,t know Harry, but if it,s based on weight it must be nice when you can have a crap and lose a few years :laugh:

10. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

if i caught somthing like that it would certainly be a keeper
    well done and enjoy but dont go overboard on the salt and vinegar

11. ollypolly

ollypolly New Member

the bass i had after sending scales to a few ppl came back with to dates. first was 38 years and second around 30 to 35 years with the weight at just under 20lb
    olly

12. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

HA HA Just looked in mike ladle's book,7and a half pound gill cover, sixteen year old bass :embarrass:

13. Baramundi Bob

14. Yorky07

Yorky07 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I Have personally seen a number of Very large Bass in the sea off the coast of Portugal. Though Bass of this size are generally nomadic.
    I think there are other fish out there to beat this record. As for ( would I kill a fish of this size) Absolutely! Lads and lasses of Whitby, and the UK for that matter!
    If you caught a UK Record COD say of about 70lb. :eek: Would you put this fish back?????? I very much doubt it. ::)