1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW RECORD BASS - SHORE FISHING RECORD BROKEN

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Daz Taylor, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. Baramundi Bob

The Comments area of the page is still open and the comments are growing in number now. Please feel free to add your thoughts here :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-east-fishing-news/uk-bass-record-broken

:cheesy:

3. Baramundi Bob

4. ollypolly

ollypolly New Member

hi all
    im still the record holder lol
    just to let you all no i all so won the trip to norway from sea angler and shimano
    the trip is in july
    ill get some pics and post them when i get back
    steve

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

tightlines mate

6. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Nice one Steve.I think your record is safe for a while bud.

7. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Steve-well done on the fish mate. That is a once in a lifetime achievement. There is no way i would have returned it. It would have been filleted and fed the family.

Mick.

8. ollypolly

ollypolly New Member

ill post pics of my norway catch when i get back ;d
    olly

9. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Have just registered so's I can put my two penn'orth in.

On the subject of bass, according to the World Sea Fishing website 'Very large adult fish are true cannibals and occasionally contain small school bass, also whiting, eels, pipefish etc.'

As I understand it, this can be the case with many predatory fish i.e. pike.

So by my reckoning you've done a favour to the smaller bass. You should be wholeheartedly commended, not slated.

Tight Lines.

Russ

10. Al

Al New Member

Got to also remember that that bass has probably spawned thousands of other bass already in its lifetime.
    So which is best to kill? a 19lber or a 5lber.....??? the 19lber if you ask me.

11. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

I wonder how many "RECORD" bass have been caught in trawling nets,i dont suppose them lads release them,i would sooner a lad out fishjng for pleasure and love of the sport catch such a specimen,than it ending up being auctioned on the dock sides in a ice box bound for some poxy plush hotel (probably down south) for mega bucks,well done mate wish it had been on the end of my rod! Isn't this the kind of catch we all dream about if not why bother? :confused:

12. johnhelen

johnhelen New Member

it couldn't of been caught by a nicer fella, great catch olly ;)

john

13. stephen

stephen Guest

The bass is on show at the Natural History Museum in London. When I was last in the Smoke I decided to go and see it. I couldn't find where it was on display so asked one of the guides where the record bass was kept. I was told to try the Science museum. Turns out she thought I wanted to see a bus :no:. "The bass ain't no bus, although it's probably as big as one", I chortled.

14. Willy Nelson

Willy Nelson I hate fishing with the Slug.

Thanks for that I will definetly stop in for a look next time I'm down there. Is it still free entry?

15. the slug

the slug Nelson is a homo

you mean you have to travel all the way to london to see a bass nelson?!

16. Willy Nelson

Willy Nelson I hate fishing with the Slug.

One that size yes. Although obviously its not as impressive as the 2 leviathans of the deep you pulled out at Barrow.

17. stephen

stephen Guest

It is still free entry, but I must point out that I didn't get to see it as nobody knew where it was on display - mabe they've taken it off display because apparently fish doesn't last too long even if it has been stuffed. Heat and lights dry it out

18. langy

langy Rockling

Has anyone mesioned how old this fish was ???

As i was watching predators this morning and saw that a 1 pound bass takes 5 years to grow that big :yes: :yes: so this fish wud have been 95 years old :wink: :educated: :educated:

19. smokey

smokey Rockling

How did you manage to work that out you little scrote,i didn't know you had that many fingers and thumbs.. tight lines

20. langy

langy Rockling

Hahaha it's one off my stronger subjects at school :educated: :wink: