1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW RECORD BASS - SHORE FISHING RECORD BROKEN

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Daz Taylor, Nov 25, 2007.

1. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Re: New Record Bass

a really great fish

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Great fish that Phil ;D

3. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

very nice fish ;)

4. ollypolly

ollypolly New Member

hi all
    I'm Steve cave
    I'm the fella that cought this monster bass
    i didn't kill it just to get a record it was like any other fish in size and tasty.it was going on my table,just like what most other sea fishing Ppl do with there catch.
    its held out that far cos it was heavy no other reason, I'm not digging at any 1 its not my style,but it looks like iv got to take all the crap lobed at me for catching a British record at 11pm not Noin it was a record until laterbut i spouse thats my fault for no Noin everything
    any way for your info the fish has been given to the natural history museum so you can all go and see it if you like
    theres my 2bobs worth
    tight lines Ppl but dint put hooks on and bait.trust me its not worth the s##t that you will get if you get a record catch
    Steve

5. Daz Taylor

Daz Taylor New Member

Don't worry about the shit Steve, it's an awesome catch. I would have done exactly the same thing. All credit to ya fella. Enjoy the moment and ignore the crap.

Daz

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Steve,

May I first of all congratulate you on a fantastic catch. Its something to be proud of mate. I fully understand your feelings about what has been said and as the owner of this forum I have to admit it does not please me to see such comments. For some sad reason bass anglers seem to think that every last fish has to be returned to the sea alive. Its a nonsense and the quicker anglers take a u-turn on this the better, no amount of anglers taking a bass are going to impact on fish stocks the notion is madness and groups like NFSA and Bass have a lot to answer for in instilling this idea into anglers minds. Your bass will have contributed to the continuation of its species on many occasions and you were quite within your right to do as you wished with it after all you put in the effort to catch it. This is a fishing forum and members should respect the rights of other anglers so long as they act within the law, anyone not happy with the site of dead fish would perhaps be better suited to a greenpeace forum for example. I want to see more pictures of anglers with fish and I don't want people to fear keeping a fish and daring to tell other people about their catch. I'm sorry if that offends anyone but that's the way it is.

7. ollypolly

ollypolly New Member

bout time
    thank you bob
    now how do i get pics on here to show carpyken the true outside size?
    steve

8. Baramundi Bob

No problem mate. Glad you took the time to join us.

To post pics you can either read this topic at the link below and follow the instructions.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/please-read/how-to-add-pictures-here-once-you-have-a-board/0/

Or you can email them to me at whitbyseaanglers@gmail.com and let me post them up for you. Whatever you are happiest with. If you are on aol please remember to email them as an attachment and not to embed them into the email

Cheers - Glenn

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Soz mate ;D ;D I'm just bitter n twisted with jelousy. Well done again. I just spent 6 hours perched up a cliff for naff all and lost 20 leads in the process :)

10. Baramundi Bob

11. ollypolly

ollypolly New Member

ha what a strange way to fish
    get ya sen to sandown pier its got monster fish there lol
    steve

12. Daz Taylor

Daz Taylor New Member

It does make me laugh - Over the years I've had many people say to me that we shouldn't be taking the small bass, we should put these back and let them grow to a size where they would have spawned!!!! But when someone takes a fish that has probably spawned more than any other it's still seen, albeit by a minority, to be wrong.
    My question to these people is... When should we take a bass for the table - what is their idea of a correct size? Afterall it is every anglers right to take fish from the sea for the table... Isn't it?

13. ollypolly

ollypolly New Member

i fish in a club and its a strict rule to put back under size fish.witch we do.but can any 1 tell what a over size fish is so i no when i should put it back????????????????????????
    look at it like this you never see cows chichens pigs and so on running wild and 90%of us dont think twice about tuckin in to a rump stake chickhen pis bacon buttie.im soooooooooo confused
    am i missing summit here
    steve

14. Baramundi Bob

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Sorry mate, It was wrong of me to say does a fish really need to die to claim a record....Think i was over come with jealousy... ;D ;D ;D Glen is totally right with what he says, its each individual's right to take what they want as long as it meets the required size limit for the species.. :) and i respect that...
    And this just shows that the forum works, I made my comment then read the comments and oppinion of other forum members, and have now have changed my opinion on it. :) :) You shouldn't take any flak for catching what is a great fish, maybe the people who are dishing it out should just sit back and think about what they are saying... After all, isn't this is what the forum is about sharing good catches and information with other members.
    I am sorry if i caused any bad feeling all i can say is thanks to you and all the other forum members for helping me to see the light.. ;D ;D
    TIGHTLINES.. :)
    Just wish fish i had caught that bass on a light spinning rod and a plug...mmmmm, think i would be still playing it now.. :) :)

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

Like gary & glen said mate ......dont feel as tho we are mocking your good self for keeping such a lovely fish ,,,,its just different peoples opinions thats all no hard feelings.....altho personally i would of liked to see it go back ,,,,but again thats just my opinion ..........Cheers tightlines ,,,,,,,,

17. Mark

Mark Blenny

Well said Bob could not of put it better myself having been a member of Bass i fully understand and agree with your sentiments.

Mark.

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Steve, at the end of the day you have done what 3 and a half million other anglers only ever dream about, your name will go down in the books for eternity. Enjoy the moment mate. Why don't you give us the full story on here.

19. Howard

Howard Blenny

An excellent statement Bob I am heartened that the subject has been tackled head-on without pulling any punches. I still fear you may have to do the same again for future big fish such is the way things are going -if only folk realised....
    Well done Steve and thank you for sharing it with us.

20. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

most of the people on here are congratulating you steve.only an odd few criticised you so they are in the minority.yet not one criticism for paul and his tremendous catch of a 16lb cod on monday night,only praise.two very well deserved fish for two people that were in the right place at the right time,through their vast knowledge of sea fishing.once again a very well done to both of you...

regard's

tim