1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new pb pollack for me

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mad mick, Jul 17, 2014.

1. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we fished the mull this weekend. saturday was wet foggy windy and hardly any fish with the best coming in by (sean) bow1. after afew beers and a cheeky whisky n vodka the day didnt seem bad after them. good night till sean burnt the pizza...... i still scranned it.

sunday morning nice fry up sorted us out. off to fish the left of fog horn.
    sean went on the float i went on the spinner. my 2nd cast went of with a bang from 10yards out with the fish taken line. while i was on with this fish sean landed 2 fish by the time i got my fish to the side were sean gilled it.
    while in the middle of taken a photo seans float went so he put my phone in a safe place. ( a puddle )
    i was having a fish every chuck nearly then sean went to the spinner to. as the tide was flooding more the fish were getting pulled in even more. anyway sean hooked into a good fish then seconds later i did. with sean shouting how the feck am i going to get this in i reeled hard n pulled the hooks out my fish which felt like a belter by the way. just to help my mate out. he landed it, nice fish of 7 to 8lb.
    i also had a fish jump out the water after the spinner. i had a wrasse on the spinner down the side.
    all in all a class 2half hours fishing with around 120lb to 130lb of fish landed.
    we lost bigger fish then what i had which was 9half lb.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Quality mate, looks like a nice few days!

3. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

top dollar stuff mate very well done on the PB

4. bow1

bow1 Rockling

aye,the best two half hours fishing ive ever had with good size fish nearly every chuck.id say if we averaged the size out it would be near 5 lb average!!!
    smashsed twice by BIG fish!

when did you take them fotos,i didn't see ya!!

wish id had time to rig float back up,its my favouraite method but fishing really was that frantic!!

Fancy another ride up mick??

Friday before you got up we had a few at lagvag but failed,as did everyobne on afternnon due to sun shine.

Saturday with thick fog,rain and wind our thought to try new marks just wasn't safe so we settled on an old gfavourite that usuasly chucks a few out,but only manged a few.

good few drinks on a night again in crown.

5. mad mick

maybe have a ride up soob sean. full busy at work. only 128mile to light house from my house.
    i took photos very often just not when fishing.

6. congerball

congerball Blenny

Thats a cracking PB, well done.

7. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Well done Sean and Mick , top fishing there , its a great mark I first fished there in 1983 and have some great memories , my best landed was 9lb but I have lost quite a few that were much bigger , fancy using ropes ! its a walk in the park ! LOL , only joking

8. mad mick

we done it once 2year ago alan with no ropes but bits of moss n grass were coming away under foot. so lower the risk of a fall with ropes.
    helps with getting back out to lol.

1983......... i wasnt even a star in me dads eye then mate.

alan is this mark called fog horn or is that more to the right? cheers for all the help mr big cliff

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

From the pics it looks like the right spot ----- what clinches it is ---- where you fishing off a nice flatish platform ? could you only see
    cliffs about 40 yards to your right [ after that distance the coast changes direction ] ? just before you arrived at the platform did you go
    down what almost seemed like a rock staircase about 2.5 foot wide ? if the answer was yes to the 3 questions -- you were in the right place --- the foghorn buzzer

10. mad mick

no it werent as much as a stair case. just climbing up the rock face via little bits to help with putting your foot.

11. mad mick

have to have alook back up to make sure........

12. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Mick I think we where in right spot.flat platform and no coast to right of us.also I would say a staircsse is possible if you remembr the last bit down padt whhere we moved up to

13. mad mick

whats got me tho is them sings saying no fishing under fog horn.

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The thing is Mick if you went down a couple of yards to the left of the Buzzer , more or less went straight down , then a bit to your right
    you had to be on that ledge , there are other places to get down about 150 yards to the left of the buzzer , but the best place is the
    flatish ledge I mentioned ------ There is a mark just to the right of lagvag [ where the tide race is ] its called the cave , you can fish there after the tide race has forced you out of lagvag , the cave is quite good for Pollack and conger

15. mad mick

cheers alan. am looking forward to going back up.

16. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

As regards the sign about nesting birds its a load of tosh ---- Herring gulls will nest on cliff tops , roofs etc ---- When you climb down the
    cliffs at the buzzer you DONT disturb nesting birds simply because its to easy to get down , where a lot of birds nest ie Kittiwakes , razorbills etc unless you are Spiderman you cant disturb them , a few years ago I tackled a Mr Tarling from the RSPB about the sign he was adamant birds nested where we climb down , I pointed out to him that just wasn't true and asked him to climb down with me or go
    around the foot of the cliffs in a boat , watch me climb down then see how many birds I disturb --- I offered a good donation to the RSPB if I disturbed nesting birds ---- If I didn't disturb birds he had to remove the sign , well I guess you know how this ended he would
    NOT take me up on my offer , says it all dosent it , the local Newspaper got hold of the story and ran it

17. mad mick

its mad aint it when you think how much money that area makes from people fishing.
    on the friday sean was telling me some1 was not happy with them fishing lagvag.

18. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Well done on the pb Mick, hoping to raise the bar a bit on mine when we visit in a couple of weeks

19. mad mick

good luck on your trip n make it a safe one

20. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

the most exciting thing those people do is a game of Dominos followed by a cup of cocoa