1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. worm drowner

worm drowner Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi lads would appreciate your thoughts on this Kayak I have seen on e-bay I am looking to buy a Kayak never owned one before so don't want to get the wrong one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIT-ON-TOP-FISHING-KAYAK-CANOE-GALAXY-CRUZ-/271208070901?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_CanoesKayaks_Rafts_SM&var=&hash=item3f2542bef5

Thanks Mick

2. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

If you intend to go out at sea I wouldn't recommend the cruz. If you were looking for just fresh water fishing then it would be ok but still better options in my opinion.
    What's your budget? I am selling my Moken 14 advert on for sales section pm me if interested.

3. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

I started with a Nomad of a similar size then after two years went up to a Prowler 4.1
    If Id known I was going to get into it I should have started with the Prowler.
    Remember good second hand Yaks sell well so I would go larger and sell on if its not for you

Regards
    John

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

What is your budget (roughly) and what size are you (height/weight) Mick? The Cruz is a canny little kayak but really only useful for freshwater or close in on a calm day at sea, wouldn't handle a snotty sea/tide to well to be honest. Secondhand kayaks are worth a look at, you can pickup a sea worthy fishing kayak for a decent price these days.

5. worm drowner

Hiya Sam I'm 6' 16 stone mate never really thought of budget I'm going to have a look at some I think and take notes off you guys on here, been reading through a few of the older posts on Kayaking there's plenty of good points in there, but any advice on this thread is most welcome then I can go looking a bit better informed. Thanks for the pm Sam

Thanks guys Mick

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Where are you based Mick?

7. worm drowner

I'm over on the west coast Ken will be fishing Rossall near Fleetwood and hopefully a couple of summer weekends across with you guys

Mick

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Now Mick,

At your size (meant in a nice way) the Cruz wouldn't be much use. Kayaks like the Ocean Kayaks Ultra's, Prowler/Tridents, FeelFree Moken 12.5 & 14 and Jackson Kayak Cuda 14 would suit your size and needs. Keep an eye on the second hand market as fully rigged kayaks come up otherwise plenty of choice buying new :)

9. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

tarpon 120 &140 good stable kayaks too