1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New dry suit help

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mystic girl, Nov 27, 2013.

1. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

Im looking for a new dry suit, and don't want to spent £400

Any comments on these would be appreciated

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Gul-Gamma-Front-Zip-Drysuit-New-for-2012-/281037978441?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item416f2b3b49

Regards

John

2. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

I have the Gull Scapa, last model not the horseshoe neck one, not had it long but it's well built, easy to get in and out of. It maybe a bit too warm for the summer but time will tell.

I had a Typhoon Easy don, I got it second hand and it was a descent suit too I had no issues with it apart from where I put a hook into it. Double front zip made easy to get in and out of.

Cheers Mike

3. gary

gary Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have the new gul scapa picked it up from 1st wet and wild on Monday £350 and with a free pair or boots bargain first class service not had chance to were it yet. gary

4. Groyne

Groyne Guest

What size are you? I've got a medium/ broad Gul Gamma, in as new condition for £120.

PM me if you're interested.

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I have exactly the same drysuit, been using it for the last 18 months. I have one or two problems with it such as the stitching on the velco starting coming away after 6 months use plus the zip never fully closes (leaving a slight gap, been like that since I bought it) so you get a wet crotch when doing self rescues or if it puddles up after surf launching. That said at £180 you can't expect the best of the best and it's not a bad drysuit at that price.

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Yes that's old stock, good price though. The new suit is a completely new concept..

Ken

7. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

Thanks Groyne

Even though Ive lost 3st in the last 18 months Im still XL
    Don't know how many X's I was before -just always went for f#t b#####d size

Regards
    John The Thin

8. Groyne

Groyne Guest

No problem, I'll stick it the for sale section and Fleabay.