1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new camera

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Maxie, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Maxie

Maxie New Member

well my camera "broke down" :wounded: at xmas and is now away for repair,if it gets fixed thats okay,but if they wont fix it for some reason :whistle: ill have to get a new one.
    anyone got any recommendations cos theres hundreds of cameras to pick from,i had a samsung s1050 10mp with 5 x zoom and thought it was good,only problem was it was too bulky to carry in a pocket.
    price range is probably £80-£120 preferably a decent zoom and small enough to fit in a pocket.

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

argos have some good offers on cameras atm some are very good value for money i think theres a 10megapixel for around 60 quid

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The panasonic slim lumix look a real good camera maxi. Will easily fit in your pocket too.

4. Gas_mantle

Gas_mantle Guest

I'm now on my 3rd Fuji finepix compact (i dropped one and left one in a boozer never to be seen again).

I'm no photography expert but can't fault the Fujis, I think I paid about 80quid for the one I have now and if it broke tomorrow I've had my moneys worth.

I dare say an expert would say there are better cameras on the market but if you want a simple point and shoot that gives reasonable picture quality then they are worth a look.

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

the sony 350 alpha DSLR is a top notch camera and is up with the best

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Are you going ahead and getting one Al?? What chance will we have of winning the photo comp then..

7. nicksan

nicksan New Member

I got the alpha 200 dual lens kit and its fantastic, the Sony is really well made and has more settings/options than I could hope to know what to do with. It is just as important to take fishing with me as the rod now :)

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

i amjust starting out in the photo shooting thing now :confused: and not to good at the moment but with a little persiverance i hope to get a little better :pray: any advice would be greatfully accepted ,now i have got the hang of poto bucket and copy and past :whistle: i think i can start to enjoy it now :happy:

9. Maxie

Maxie New Member

just take a lot of photos harry,most of mine are average but you will occasionally get a good one.