1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Addition To The Fishing Marks Section - Boulby

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. bucko

bucko New Member

Excellent reading- the pictures are good too.
    I've no head for heights so that rope isn't for me but whats the cliff like at Whitestones where you can get out of the way of the incoming tide?

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

very good article there Glenn.

4. Baramundi Bob

Worse.

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

If you didnt like the look of the rope access , you wouldnt like Whitestones rope , So as long as you dont mind the walk from either Hummersea or Cowbar you could still fish it and safely over the HW period , just pick a decent sized tide with just a bit of sea on
    you dont want a good sea on , the fishing normaly is at its best the last 2 hours of the flood and 2 hours of Ebb , although fish can be taken outside this window

6. Baramundi Bob

Would agree with that Alan. A very slight sea is always my favourite down there. Just enough to get some white water showing. However I have seen some very good bags from the better casters with a heavier sea running. Ramrod, Steve Ianson and Paul Medd arent frightened by heavier seas down there.

7. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Spot on and very informative advice.Well done and thanks.

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

I hate whitestones with sea on like .... :yes:

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

If you go down either on the first rope from Boulby village or Greentop rock rope you can get round to Whitestones for up to 2 hrs or so
    after LW before it cuts off just north of the second rope , for those who fancy the other rope you can climb down onto the whitestones
    ledge letting you get in and out at any state of the tide it isnt as bad as what some anglers imagine it is quite do -able with care , if you
    have done the other two ropes

10. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Brilliant article glenn. Going to give it a go down there this year

11. bucko

bucko New Member

Cheers Al- I will organise a walk on session with someone who knows when its safe to do so.