1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

name those rocks ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Jul 4, 2008.

1. newdave

newdave Guest

quint and myself did another reccy and some kayak touring today, does anyone recognize our lunch spot :happy:
    [​IMG]

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

judging by the lack of movement in the water its deffo south of skinny by a fair bit newdave.

3. newdave

newdave Guest

near enough foo, I reckon Ramrod might find it a bit more familiar :wink: although it wasn't as calm as it looked in the picture, water was cloudy and we realized pretty soon we had made a mistake. but it gave us a chance to try another location. we launched at Boggle hole which is a first. spent most of our time paddling which probably explains why i am feeling a bit weary. this is the print out from my garmin
    [​IMG]
    7.13 mi in 3.45 hours with a short stop for lunch and a half hearted attempt at fishing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and another first, we were asked to move our boats to let to lady's on horseback past, apparently horses are afraid of kayaks :confused:

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Great pics Dave :cool: specially the middle pic with Iain/cliffs in the background. I think I need to save up for one of those Garmins :yes: Which model is it Dave?

Was there quite a bit of colour in the water then?

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Oh you lucky beggers i would love to paddle that bit of coastline. Did you drop the kit off at the bottom of the slope and then take the cars back up? Just know the car park is quite a long way from the beach.

And print outs from your Garmin, thats damn clever.

Ken

6. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Good pics Dave, and the print out is great, it shows why we had to take a wide birth going in and out of boggle hole

Sam the water was cloudy in patches and that green colour in other areas, like Dave says we knew we made a mistake, but we thought that it may be clearer around the headlands

We took the yaks down to the beach in the car Shirley then took the car back up, unfortunately the tide was quite a way down due to someone sleeping in :gum: so we still had to carry the gear a fair way, but if you get there at the right times the launch would be very easy - it looks great ground to try a few plugs in clear conditions

7. newdave

newdave Guest

the print out is a bit of a cheat really, i am just using an etrex vista c, its a handheld for walking but i can load my track onto a memory map ordinance survey map of the ny moors, then i print it out & scan it back as a jpeg file. :happy:
    A bit convoluted but the results are impressive.

8. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

damn horses shouldn't be that far out from shore :tease:

9. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: