1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Summer of fishing so far... Reports and pictures.

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by GJW, Jul 14, 2013.

1. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Briliant report gary you boys no your stuff when it comes to fishing up in scotland.
    The scenery looks amazing when the sun is shinning.
    Hats off to you all i always like reading your reports :yes:

2. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

Absolute Amazing adventure,
    Thanks for sharing your pics and story once again, you should be making television programmes and documentarys for SKY, cheers Gary

3. robq

robq Rockling

I recognise the beaches at the campsite at clachtoll Gary :yes: brings back fond memories of my first few trips to scotland !!

did you stay on the site ?? we used to hire the basic static caravans back in the 80s/90s

lochinver was a different place back then too with only a small local commercial fleet :whatever:

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Top report Gary. Thanks for taking the time and effort in sharing it with us.

And well done for doubling the amount of shore caught fish on the site for the last six months :laugh:

5. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Great stuff Gary enjoyed the read and pics

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

What a truly amazing report , superb pictures , wonderful fish , you are a real credit to the angling world Gary ,
    And what a week we had up at Arbroath super weather , great fishing , top class banter , meeting up with jimmy again and meeting up with Ross
    for the first time , two smashing lads , what more could anybody want ! Once more Gary a truly great report

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

superb stuff Gary, brilliant report and Pics as usual :yes:

8. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Cracking report and pics there Gary well done really enjoyed reading that.

9. mww

mww Rockling

Good stuff Gary, have fished 1 or 2 of those places myself, mainly many moons ago, so was good to revisit some good memories...& a few bad ones...like the midgies!!

Mart

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Over the years I have met up with lots of Scottish Anglers to me they have been the salt of the earth and generous to a T a great bunch of lads :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

11. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Only jestin mate :laugh:

12. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

fantastic report gary and some great pictures :cool: arrochar that brings back fond memories and the rhu narrows.

envy

13. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A lot of the time I used my pebble weights and they worked a treat , they don't get stuck as easy as sinkers , cost next to nothing to make and
    I didn't lose one with things going wrong just about all that I did lose were because I had not changed my weak link mono

14. GJW

GJW Rockling

I didnt stop at the site Rob, but the beaches were fantastic... Oh how I wish I was back there now..

15. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wow what a report,fantastic pics,never been fishing in scotland got to go :surprise: :yes:

16. GJW

GJW Rockling

Recommend it Jason.. It would be my idea of heaven if it wasn't for the midges...

17. congerball

congerball Blenny

Just managed to have a good read and a look Gary. Stunning photos and a top write up. Fantastic fishing too...what a trip well done mate. Quality as always.

Ben

18. Rockford

Rockford Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report Gary. You should be making a living from freelance work for Angling magazines with reports and Photos like that. Said by many in the past including Big Cliff and me.
    Come on Total fishing and Sea Angler editors give your readers something worth reading about. Watch your circulation go up CONTACT GARY and speak to his Fan Club.
    Keep it up mate. Gordon

19. GD

GD Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great pictures and report Gary ,
    you should be a fishing correspondant. :yes:see you soon

20. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yeah got to agree just from your report,im really gobsmacked from the photos

did you really do all that mostly in a tent?reason is cos when i go camping dont look as fresh as what you do!!