1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Stillwater Fishing This Year (Photos)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ian Alexander, May 6, 2013.

1. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello lads,
    This is my first proper post for a while, I only fished twice last year as I had very little spare time. This year I'm hoping things will be a bit different.

I've always said that one day I'd take up flyfishing seriously, I'd had a bit of a dabble before but only halfheartedly. Anyway I've gave it a proper go since February and I'm quite enjoying it.....something new to think about and a bit of a challenge. I've only fished stillwaters but I have plans to fish the rivers at some point. Rather than bore you anymore I thought I'd put a few photos up :happy:

Wintry Chatton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aldin Grange, Probably The Nearest fishery For Me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sweethope , Probably The Prettiest Place and Definiately The Biggest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And My Best Fish, 9lb 2oz, From Sweethope

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards Ian

2. Ian Alexander

Posted in the wrong section Glenn.....sorry should have maybe put in freshwater section :embarrass:

3. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nicew one ian,

hows things? be good to catch up sometime this summer. have you still got the yak?

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Ian nice to see you are getting to wet a line again. Will see you soon at the forum boat trip take care Chris.

5. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

well done ian, that last place is a lovely looking fishery

6. Ian Alexander

Cheers Dan,
    I'm ok thanks. Last year was very hard as my Mother was poorly and I spent almost all of my spare time with her. I was very close to her and I miss her more than I can say.
    I work these awful continental shifts now and they don't help when it comes to planning my fishing but I'm spending a lot more time at the caravan :happy:
    It would be good to catch up, I'm looking forward to the forum trip.
    I still have my kayak but it's had as much use as Terry Waites bicycle, gonna see how it goes though and keep hold of it for now.

Chris, looking forward to seeing you on the forum boat trip mate.

Gadget, that last fishery is Sweethope. It has been closed for a few years but taken over recently and what a great job the new people are doing. It's a bit more challenging because you have to do some wading on the bigger lough and there are trees and obstructions on the smaller one but it's a great place and has a wild feel about it. Lots of boats to take out too but I haven't tried that yet. If you Google Sweethope Adventure you'll see it.

Regards Ian

7. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

sounds good ian, if your every down this way we'll have to have a session up lockwood

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Ian, great to see you out fishing and enjoying it mate. Like Dan says we all need to catch up soon. were hoping for a trip to Northumberland for some yakking in next couple of months so maybe you could join us if your free.

Sorry to hear about your mum, Its terrible when our parents are ill. I lost my dad 2 years ago now and my mother is never in good health these days so I know what you go through.

Chin up though bud and really do hope to catch you soon.