1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my photos

Discussion in 'Pictures By Robq' started by robq, May 12, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Yes I would, but only through ignorance :-[ I have only fished there once and once in the the middle at low water, It looks very impressive. If I had enough energy in matches I would fish Long Hole on the ebb and Bleawyke on the flood.

2. robq

robq Rockling

I started fishing there in a quest for my first double !! but have got to admit it has not been kind to me yet ??? loads of mops ,wrasse and some of the biggest rocklings I ever saw :eek: :eek:
    It is one of my fav spots though due to its inaccesibility and remoteness, Its a bit of a drive now that I live back in Hull, and with the combined walk/climb/drive I can spend more time travelling than fishing :'( :'(. My biggest ever bag was 33lb and I WAS sick when I got to the top :p and that was only out newton at about 70 ft !!

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I always here about south hawsker but am never sure where it starts and finishes.

4. macky

macky New Member

GOod pics rob

ahhhh! old hall, my fav

5. robq

robq Rockling

A few nice pics of bempton taken today on probably the calmest day of the year so far !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Good pictures where are they?

7. robq

robq Rockling

scale nab and the boilers at roll up Dan, anyone know the name of the shipwreck that the boilers are from ?

8. Baramundi Bob

Does the camera do higher res picture rob ? I love the pics and agree it was a beautiful morning. Shame the rest of the day didn't go the same way

9. robq

robq Rockling

Hi Glenn , the pics have been downsized to get them on photobucket and the clarity isnt too great at that size. I have one of the pics as my desktop and at 19" it is pin sharp !

The camera is supposed to be 7.1 mega pixels although I would say I get far better quality pics with my 5.1 sony cybershot.

if anyone wants the full size pics I can E-mail them no problem.

Rob

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

One of them (maybe both ???) is from a ship called Radium I,m told hence the name given to the cliff mark above it.

11. robq

robq Rockling

Cheeers Ray, I had been told that the water around the boilers was 20 ft deep at LW and it is worth casting to them !

It is only 8 or 9ft at the deepest, but there is lots of other ironwork down there that may hold a fish or 2 at the top of the tide. The water was crystal clear and you could make out what was left of the rest of the wreck.

12. Baramundi Bob

Hi Rob, I would like the pics in full res if thats ok ?

The address is jay_con@ntlworld.com

The forum will show pics up to 500 pixels in width :) :)

13. dbrown

dbrown Guest

We might be of for a chuck down roll up soon

14. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

lots of cod, just what i like to see :)

15. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

nice pictures

16. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

nice pics mate
    :D

17. dbrown

dbrown Guest

isn't the second picture looking upto Roll-up Rob ?

18. robq

robq Rockling

Yes it is mate

19. dbrown

dbrown Guest

i was just wondering from new roll up on the picture where is the old one people youst to go down?

20. bassman

bassman Administrator

you have had a good year rob keep it up in 2008 all the best to you and your family :happy: