1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my photos

Discussion in 'Pictures By Robq' started by robq, May 12, 2007.

1. robq

robq Rockling

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice pics there Rob. Thanks a lot for sharing them with us ;)

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Come on then you lot, who can name those places shown in the photo,s?

4. Baramundi Bob

Not me. One looks like bemmo but could be flamborough and one looks like the north pole.

Is there a prize Ray ?

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Yes there,s a "very special" prize. The winner can carry my yak up and down Ravenscar and I will write a shanty in their honour after they have died from exhaustion. (Oop,s Ive given one away)

6. robq

robq Rockling

I had attatched names to the url img codes thinking that they would appear beneath each pic ?? then again computers are not my thing really, more a necesarry evil !! unlucky Glenn its not flamboro but indeed bempton !! Spot on Ray with ravenscar but then I would expect you to know, it was only a month or so after your infamous bag down there, would'nt fancy carrying a yak down there but there must be a launch site not too far away ::) ::) the snowman pics are out newton dec 2005, we took the beach buddys down to find a huge snowdrift had built up behind them so built a snowman! only 4 mops that day though despite being perfect :'( :'(. Anyone recognise that green weed/rock scar under the 3lb + wrasse near the bottom ??

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

My guesses are,
    Holderness ;D
    Bleawyke
    Out Newton ;D
    Somewhere on the Humber (2)
    Struggling here, Gristhorpe at a guess
    Bempton tops
    Down Bemmo somewhere? The middle of Roll Up?
    The Humber
    Castie at Gristhorpe
    Roll Up (The boilers are at 10,o,clock Glen)

8. robq

robq Rockling

pretty good Ray, the 1st one is out newton too, the humber ones are the mile marker at old hall. The one you were struggling with is staintondale, spot on with middle of roll up with the fisheries protection boarding the trawler in the background, the last sunset humber shot is chalky point and you were spot on with the last 2.

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I,ve never fished Staitondale no wonder I was struggling with that one ;D

10. Baramundi Bob

Saw Steve I'anson wrote a good article about the spot when he trilaed the very first Greys Apollo. It cant be far from your fave spot ramrod.

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Yes good article that one, and no not too far away but they come around the corner eventually. Unfortunately they go around the next corner into your,s and Mart,s domain :'( and dont come back!

12. Baramundi Bob

eye after you've nobbled all the donkeys :) :)

Strange how 2 of the biggest fish I know of have come from each point of the mouth of the bay - well near enouigh. Your 19 and Neils 30 pounder yet on the inside your pestered with mops.

:D

13. robq

robq Rockling

That was a lovely bag that day Ray, I only started fishing blea wyke after I heard about it !! It must have been a hell of a pull going back up there with that amount of weight !! Its bad enough even when you have no fish and have lost all your leads :eek: :eek:

I have still got that article by steve I'anson somewhere and after trying many of the current crop of rock rods have gone back to the apollo mk1 after finding a virtually brand new one last year for £100 ;D ;D one of my favourite rods of all time.

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

It was a killer rob, I felt physicly sick at the top. I had another good bag down there in a Rock Angler fur and feather match which was just over 35lb and beat someone who had 33lb ;D It,s inaccessability is it,s saviour.

15. Baramundi Bob

I remember Neil Ingliss telling me he fished Yorkshire 4's down there. Cant remember who against (maybe yourself Ray ?) and He had roughly 30 pound and got beat by his partner.

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Not me Glenn unfortunately. It,s strange but I,ve never seen Neil fish down there but I,m not suggesting that he hasn,t in fact I have,nt seen him for a few years now, is he still fishing? The last time I saw him was in the Bell Trophy on Filey Brigg which is probably longer ago than what I first thought.

17. Baramundi Bob

I think its the only time he ever went there. Because Neil caught his big fish at the other side it was very difficult for him to look elsewhere - He just kept getting drawn back to the bay side and long hole. He hasn't really fished for a couple of years Ray. He finally won the club and then never fished again. He was a very good angler and I hated fishing near him because he often caught the fish.

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Is that Neil on the Whitby Site picture and if so who are the other two? it looks like South Hawsker.

19. Baramundi Bob

Yes it is Neil. He fished this years Whitby Open Match. The other 2 are Dave Perett And Phil Mead the venue is Long Hole - Would you class long hole as south hawsker ?.

20. Steve

Steve Rockling

looks like thornwick scars