1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My P.B. Shore caught cod,

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Platypus Boy, Jan 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Platypus Boy

Platypus Boy Blenny

Hi all well as earlier mentioned I managed to get a very good fish the other night fishing north of Whitby,
    It was a mark I had never fished before and my friend Bri Harland knows the area like the back of his hand so with his help he explained to me the stretch we were fishin the entry/exit points of the gully ect ..... First chuck I recived a single massive "knock" then it ran me as I wound down to it lifted my rod it just stayed bent I knew it was a good fish Bri was straight to the waters edge and in all fairness it wasn't the hardest fight I had ever had but it was certainly difficult, when the big lass decided to shake her head I knew about it, she got stuck once and my heart was in my mouth luckily a swell come though and lifted her over the ledge......where Bri was waiting to scoop her up, and anyone who knows Bri knows he is a big kid his little celebration dance with a 20 pund fish was hilarious.
    A single 6/0 rig and bait was peeler, cart, worm
    When I gutted her she had3 edible crabs 4 inch across the back and a fish about a pound. image.jpeg image.png image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done, beats the Kids corner halibut :D Did you fillet it or steak it?:)

3. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Perry . Fish of a life time one you will Remeber for many years to come .

4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hell of a fish that. Congratulations.
    Hope you are not expecting to ever catch a bigger one!
    :)

5. glassback

glassback Blenny

an awsome fish perry was it on its own or was there any other fish to come out .
    and you couldnt be in better hands than with bri
    welldone

6. Platypus Boy

Platypus Boy Blenny

I filleted it then my stepdad cut it into portions took it for the old people in the fishermens club,
    I'm after a 30lb er now
    And yeah was a few other fish came out I ended up with 3

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Great result perry. My pb 5lb. But can only get better lol

8. robq

robq Rockling

well done Perry :cool:

That really is a fish of a lifetime !!

Ive had a few doubles but dont ever think a 20 is going to come !!

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A hell of a fish perry just goes to show you never know when it's your turn for the big one the area you were fishing certainly throws them big ones out to hit a cod on the 20 lb mark from the shore is a massive acheivment in itself and there is just a hand full of people who achieved this in these parts and you will be talking about it for a long time to come well done mate .

Paul

10. Platypus Boy

Platypus Boy Blenny

Cheers, it's all good fun !

11. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

Superb fish Perry - congratulations! interesting what it had been eating

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  12. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I know I don't fish and probably never will fish the same areas as you perry. But seeing that fish has really made my mind up to fish 2 rods when I can. You just never know what swimming about. So my normal cod bait plus a rod out with live bait rig on. Nothing ventured nothing gained

13. Platypus Boy

Platypus Boy Blenny

Could only do it suscessfull on pier mate

14. Platypus Boy

Platypus Boy Blenny

3 edibles around 4/5 inch across back then a few smaller fish blennies ect there was one half digested that looked like it had been a whiting,then ur usual small crabs ect

15. limpet

limpet Blenny

Awesome catch and great account of it capture cheers for sharing

16. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Upgang ok for 2 rods mate. Had some nice fish there last year, well nice for me lol

17. idge

idge Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What an amazing fish!

Well done and thanks for sharing with us.

Ian

18. Platypus Boy

Platypus Boy Blenny

Ok si .... I've never known anyone fish two rods with better catches than someone with one on upgang .....its to quick of a tidal movement to bait up two rods/and fish it, I might be wrong like but I never seen any of the local lads who know how to fish the beach here use two rods, fish light quick and move from place to place

• Like Like x 1
  19. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Ok bud thanks for the advice, you know I take it on board. I tend to fish from the wall about 4 hours up 2 down. If I fish the beach from low always one rod