1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Koi aren't very happy but I am...

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sambo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Just bought myself a secondhand drysuit & undersuit off eBay, only one way to see if it's watertight. In the koi pond I go :cheesy:

[​IMG]

Damn! that water is cold :scare:

Feel a lot happier going out fishing with a drysuit now as my waders/cag combo wasn't 100% watertight

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

theres some bl**dy nutters on here :whistle: :cheesy:

I have some nice sakauma mantas in 5/0, can I come and test them too??? :cheesy:

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

:laugh:

Michelin man found in Skelton!

[​IMG]

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

LMFAO!!!!

I just know Matty has been waiting for months to post that pic, eating all those pies hasn't gone un-noticed :hungry:

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Good looking pond tho Sam :happy: , be pleasant in the summer, whens the BBQ? :cheesy:

7. bucko

bucko New Member

I would have thought those Koi would be fearless the amount of plugs, softies and other lure type beasties you've tested out in there.

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Can I ask how much you paid Sam ?

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Glenn, the drysuit & undersuit were £92 + P&P. Better than paying the £400+ rrp :wink:

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thats a cracking deal, better than what I paid. Mine was a typhon racer @ £68 plus a tenner carraige but I didn't get an undersuit. To be honest its a large and I would have been better off with a medium, does the job tho :happy:

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

only cos you are now a slim athlete Ken!

anyway sam £400 quid for a drysuit , what do they do? paddle for you?

12. Baramundi Bob

Do you regular find them at that price on ebay ? I think Im going to get one for sinter and spring fishing

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Think so Glenn, mine was off a guy on AA but he wanted £100 plus p&p but had put it on ebay so I decided to wait and see how it went. If you think about it all the yachters, jetski lot etc all use them so I should reckon there will be a few out there - normal ebay warefare applies (ie bid in the dieing seconds :whistle: )

14. newdave

newdave Guest

I saw a thread on AA about army & navy surplus stores selling drysuits cheap, use you search skills & have a look glenn, the one i saw was a bargain :yes:

15. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

there are quite a lot of drysuits on eBay but there is some crap and some very expensive suits as well. It took me about 3-4 weeks of waiting for the right one at the right price. Was out bid on a few others as well but I'm well pleased with my suit.
    You can pick up the full neoprene diving suits for about £50-60 which would be great in winter but to warm for summer.

16. Baramundi Bob

I havent got the figure for a wet suit Sam. Ill keep me eyes on the dry suit scene. Thanks Gyuys youve cheered me up. After hearing of Garys mishap I had decided I need a dry suite. In the very unlikely event I go in the drink I want the very best chance of survival possible. I was frightened I was looking at 400 notes. Infact I started sweating yesterday and went for a lay down at the very thought of it.

17. robq

robq Rockling

No need to pay £400 + for a drysuit :surprise: :surprise:

You can get a good one with free fleece undersuit and post free for just over half that !!

http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=28_97_99&products_id=170

These are cracking and get great reviews on other kayak angling sites :yes: I have one and have to say its great. Highly breathable and even when larking about on the yak doing re- entries etc it has never leaked a drop !! I have the neoprene seals as they are more comfortable than the latex and more than adequate for what we need.

Rob

18. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I'm the same Glenn, no way I could afford a new drysuit (I could barely afford this one!) but I didn't like the idea of being in the same situation as poor Gary but in a leaking waders/cag combo. The waders/cag thing does work well but not 100% waterproof, if I couldn't afford a drysuit then I'd still be happy to be out in the waders/cag.
    I'd never pay £400+ for a drysuit Rob, but I'm prepared to pay £100 for a £400+ suit though :wink:

19. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wouldnt pay £400 for a drysuit, theres no need, new ones can be had for under that, mine was £200 brand new, typhoon, with under fleece, Im a bit sceptical of buying something like a drysuit 2nd hand, as if theres anything worng, small hole/tear anywhere then you may not have comeback from the person you buy from, at least if its new then you can take it back to the shop,. also they come with a warranty (mine is for 2 years).

that said Im glad you got a bargain sam, it was wise to go swimming with your fish to test it out, glad its seaworthy :cheesy:

20. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

If it leaked Ben it would of been straight back in the box and sent back :wink: or the bicycle repair kit comes out :cheesy: