1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first ever double!!(wit pics!!)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bow1, Oct 25, 2011.

1. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Well with the northern beaches,surprisingly not producing a trip to Runswick Bay was decided upon.The plan was to fish the rock edges to the left of bay and we arrived about 7pm and set up.
    First chuck with fresh crab resulted in a cracking pull and a mop of around 2lb beached.
    Great we thought should get a few more.
    However they didnt want to play with only rocklings coming in ,as well as the tide.
    Although wed planned fishing the rocks,the incoming tide and swell made it a bit dodgy to beat a safe retreat and a move to the beach was decided upon.
    [​IMG]

We walked the beach looking for a bit of depth and set up in front of yacht club and f or the first 90 min,landed nothing but a coaley to Mic and more rocklings.
    About 11pm, i was just commenting to Paul(sage) that i was considering packing up for an early night when we both noticed the slightest twitch on my rod tip,picking it up i commented that i thoughtn it was a small coaley and lifted into it.

Every thing went heavy and initially thought i was fast,but got whatever it was moving,a dead weight! :no:
    With no pulling ,nodding or other sighn,i continued to retieve convinced i was full of weed,when sage commented this weed was travelling up the beach and i realised it may be a fish and it started to nod.
    Rolled it out of surf and sage jumped on the fish,i thinking maybe i dbe lucky and got a 5lber.
    His response made me doubt this a nd i walked over to see a monster(by my standars anyway) on the beach!!!!!fallen to a single frozen peeler.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, thoughts of packing up left me and i cast another crab,instantly getting slacklined and beaching another mop,another bait,another mop.
    [​IMG]

It then went dead and we packed up .weighing the beast on the beach at 10.5lb

[​IMG]

Back at home, again it weighed 10.5lb on other scales.MY FIRST DOUBLE!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aVERY ENJOYABLE EVENING WITH GOOD CRACK AND GOOD TO MEET YOU pAUL.

SORRY BOUT PICS QUALITY PHONE MUST BE DIRTY THOUGH MIC AND SAGE WILL POST SOME LATER.

2. bow1

bow1 Rockling

wHY ARE PICS CHOPPED SHORT?

3. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cracking fish mate well done

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done mate thats a cracking fish and session :yes: nice to see the beach producing

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done sean, first double ive heard of this season

6. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Quality mate! Nice one

7. king ling

king ling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking fish well done.

8. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

i really enjoyed our session last night, even though i blanked on the cod front :cry:
    that little knock was real boost to the night , especially for you. but at least i have pulled a double out the surf this season even though its someone elses. :wink: :wink:
    its amazing how often bags of fish happen like this... lads fishing together 15 - 20 yards apart... all using crab.... all casting the same area... and the fish come to the man in the middle..

[​IMG]
    mick was right when he said you can catch cod in a puddle... you certainly showed it last night...

[​IMG]

well done
    Paul

9. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What do we put into our fishing?

go to photo bucket re size your pics ,then save your re sized images (youll know them cos you get a -1 added onto the img field ) and delete your original ones so as not to get confused with which one to use . Then carry on as normal . Hope this has helped

10. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Brilliant fish that mate :happy:

11. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Awesome, thats a cracking fish that mate

12. pippen

pippen Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Very well done mate I'm a bit jelouis like your marks were the same as I was goin to fish last nite but my mate said it wudnt be werth goin Orwell maybe next time and well done on the fish

13. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Well done on the double, makes it all worthwhile. :yes:

14. deecee

deecee Blenny

Many congratulations- a cracking fish. Well done!

15. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic fish mate well done..

16. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What do we put into our fishing?

Oh yeah forgot to put this earlier 'well done mate' you must feel elated . I know i did when i got my first double .

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well done mate, cracking fish :yes: :yes: Bet it'll be busy down runny tonight :laugh:

18. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

cracking fish there well done Bow

19. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

told you lastnight when i was taken photo's from your phone they werent clean.i will load the one's i got up when i get in if i can keep my eyes open. You only get good fish when i get wet. Well done you jammy sod.

20. woggum

woggum [IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/Paulin

WELL DONE