1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first ever double 2.30am Aldbrough 12lb 5oz

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by richie7, Dec 31, 2013.

1. richie7

richie7 Blenny

I had my first ever double last night on the Holderness!

Sorry for the link ... http://holderness-coast-fishing.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16108.0

[​IMG]

Rich

2. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Cracking fish well done

3. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Lovely fish, well done. I don't think I could return a shore caught double, especially my first.

4. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Brilliant fish, nice that you returned it:)

5. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Cracking fish well done and hats off to you for returning it too

6. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

cracking fish....looks like they are hitting the sand...

7. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Lovely fish mate well done.

8. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

What a fantastic fish! Did you plan to return a big one if you caught one - or was it a spur of the moment thing?
    I hope to catch a shore double one day and that I'll be able to release it. Well done you!

9. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Proper impressive, congratulations.
    And to release it too. As other guys have said, i would have struggled to do that, but would probably later wish I had done.
    Was beating with a lad yesterday who told me it is on fire up Berwick way, with a lot being caught on beaches.
    Think a drive might be in order, as Scarborough way seems to be running thin.

10. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done that man cracking fish , top man for releasing it too!

11. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Awesome stuff well done

12. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Cheers lads still buzzing. A few sherberts tonight me thinks. ;D ;D ;D

It was something I had thought and talked about but didn't expect to really ever had to make that call! When I then had to decide it wasn't too difficult but could've still gone either way.

Today I feel it was right as it would of been a trophy fish and not taken for the pan.

The other day I took a 7 1/2lb fish and returned a 3lb fish. If I had caught the 3 first I may well have returned the bigger one. I only take what we will eat fresh as I really only do it for the sport.

13. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done on the fish and for letting it go 4 some one else to have a PB or at least a chance of one :)

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Belter fish well done a nice christmas present for you saving mine for ship open on sunday .

paul.

15. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Weldone again ritchie,been heaving up there now,fantastic fish tho that pal,a proper u'n ;)

16. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

That's one hell of away to open your 2014 cod account , a beautiful fish a big well done matty